ENML for note is invalid

I have a fairly simple script in Siri Shortcuts, where I can APPEND text with no issues, but PREPEND the same text to the same note, generates an 'ENML for not is invalid.' error (see attached screenshot). Basically the shortcut generates two lines of text (one containing time and date, the other four dashes) and inserts it into the Evernote note named '_arb'

I found this discussion from May '19, but since the Simplify Formatting option is now gone (Seriously people: Why?) this solution/workaround is no longer an option.

I am using Evernote 10.1 on iOS 14.2. Since I have never done Shortcuts with Evernote before, I have no idea is this is something new...

Does anybody have any ideas on how to make this work?

735BF18D-25A5-49C7-855D-160B7DA9B7CF.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Someara23 said:

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

The original query was basically about a note created in Siri having this issue (I think...).  Is yours something of the same?  If not it may help if you add a little more background about how you got to this point.

• 10 months later...

I am getting the same error as Henrik B.

I have used the Prepend function in Siri Shortcuts from 2017 across many versions of Evernote and iOS. Now with Evernote 10.22 and iOS 15.2 it just gives the error "ENML for note is invalid". The Append function works fine.