I just want my notes back.....

App upgraded with me not paying too much attention - my fault - exported and imported notes, but several years of notes are missing. Tried downloading the legacy installer, but unzipping doesn't seem to give me an installer - all suggestions welcome. After 9-10 years of using evernote I don't really want to switch, but this is pretty bad....

I experienced the same issue. I was prompted to upgrade, which I accepted. I downloaded the installer and followed the prompts. At one point, Evernote recommended to accept removal of the old version, which I did. When I opened the upgraded version, all of my notes and notebooks were GONE!!

I am beyond upset that the installer is not programmed to retain all the previous information. And because I have the free version, I am relegated to posting in a discussion forum about this as I am now with no real person help!

Bottom line: Do NOT upgrade, and if you do, do not allow the installer to remove your previous version!

I will also add that the sync option is missing from the new version!

We've seen this issue occur when users either:
1. Have local notebooks
2. Accidentally login to Evernote 10 with the wrong account. 

I recommend that you go to this article to download and install the previous version of Evernote. Your old database is preserved during update, so after installing and signing into the legacy Evernote app, all your notes should appear as expected.