Paste-and-match-style alternative/standard keystrokes

wabaus

Idea

Could you please reintroduce the MacOS standard shortcut for paste-and-match-style [option-shift-command-v] for Evernote on Mac?

I know that you support the (shorter) alternative [shift-command-v] — but I have many years of finger-muscle memory associated with pasting on a Mac, and it is continually unnerving to hit such a common keyboard shortcut and experience no response.

cf. https://defkey.com/what-means/option-shift-command-v

Thanks.

1 reply to this idea

OMG, WHY did this change? This will drive me absolutely nuts, to have it different from the standard that's used in ALL other apps on my Mac. I CONSTANTLY use the "paste and match style" shortcut in Evernote, to the extent that it is very rare that I do NOT use it, and for some reason Evernote willy-nilly changed it to a non-standard key combination in this new version??  PLEASE PLEASE either change it back to the STANDARD or allow us to set that up in the Preferences!  

This would drive me crazy enough that I'd seriously consider switching to Mac Notes. I have to believe this was a goof rather than an intentional change. 

UPDATE: I found a work-around. You can redefine Evernote's keyboard shortcut to match what it was previously. Open System Preferences, select Keyboard, then Shortcuts. Select App Shortcuts on the left, then hit the + sign to add a new one. Choose Evernote as the target Application, enter "Paste and Match Style" (exactly as written) and press the normal Shift-Option-Cmd-V keystroke. From that point on, that keystroke will do the right thing in Evernote.

• Thanks 1