Not syncing, losing note updates, crashing

I'm on an iPhone 11pmx, iOS 14.2, with Evernote 10.1 (auto updates apps). I started noticing I had input notes and they weren't there. This morning, here's what transpired. 

Created a new note. Closed my phone. Opened it a bit later, noticed the note was there, tried to open it, got a white screen. Had to restart the app. Then the note was gone. Also, made notes to another note. Closed my phone. Went back in and it hadn't updated. I use Evernote for EVERYTHING so now wondering what else is missing that I just don't remember. Now, apparently, I have to check. every. note. to make sure it is there before I close the app. This sucks. 

I am having a problem with the stuff I "share" within the phone. When I open Evernote app, there is a gray bar and it says "Importing....4 clips remaining" and the arrows keep circling...circling....and circling. 

So those 4 things I shared never makes it and I don't know what they are now. So it is just GREAT! I used to hit share and select Evernote and I knew the stuff I shared whether a PDF document or a screenshot will be in my Evernote but now you cannot rely on that. Frustrating since I already uninstalled and installed the app to solve this problem with the previous shares and it was working up until now.

I’m running with the same phone/app versions as @Jamie L  

My “Capture” notebook that I use as my default notebook is just spinning and hasn’t downloaded a note since early this morning. I should also mention that starting today, when I try to open the Evernote iOS app, it opens Apple Books. I’m not an IT guy, but that doesn’t seem right. 

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. My Evernote (PC app) had a message saying something like 'syncing' for the past week or so which I (regretably) ignored, and my computer restarted today and I cannot see any of my notes from at least the past week. Additionally, there are 4000 copies of a single note from over a week ago, which is annoying but less of an issue than the missing notes. The web version reflects the same and the missing notes are not in Trash. I am not using premium and I don't really want to upgrade just to retrieve note data, and I'm not even sure if this would fix the issue. I have messaged EvernoteHelps on twitter but haven't yet received a response, so any advice would be appreciated.

The app just upgraded to 10.29.7 upon restarting, so I assume I was running the previous version when the issue occured. 

• Level 5

You are not running a previous version, you are running a very old version. Current release for Windows is 10.37.3.

With the rest of your post: The web client reflects your "true" master database on the EN server. What is there, you have got, what is missing is not there. Note history will only work if a note still exists, even in the trash. If it does not exist any longer, note history is gone with it.

You can decide about subscribing based on this. A month of Personal will roughly cost a "large to go, with extras" - you need to know yourself if it is worth your content.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting an update for anyone with a similar issue. I messaged EvernoteHelps on Twitter (as suggested earlier in this thread) who got back to me within a day to provide support via email. They provided a free upgrade to Personal for one month so I could access Note History. However, as noted by @PinkElephant, the lost notes no longer exist therefore Note History was not particularly helpful in my case. The technical team are still looking into it but have said themselves it's unlikely the notes can be retrieved. I am also less invested as the missing notes have somewhat lost importance as time has passed. The 4000 duplicate notes is turning out to be a bigger issue as I can only select and delete 50 at a time, and was previously causing me an error about exceeding my monthly upload limit. The Personal upgrade got rid of this error and meant I could continue using Evernote (and slowly delete the duplicates in the meantime)...

In summary, I'd recommend anyone facing issues to EvernoteHelps on Twitter - they were helpful and responsive but unfortunately couldn't resolve my issue in this case. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for coming back. When on Personal, you could install the legacy client. It allows to select more notes, thousands of them.

It will install side by side with your existing v10 install. However it counts as an additional device ! So make sure before the month ends to log out of it. Then go in your working client to account, tab devices, and unsync the legacy client. Make sure you unsync the right one, not the working one.

Then you can uninstall legacy. Use an uninstaller app, like Revo Uninstaller, because the Windows uninstall will leave the database on your drive.

There is a way to lift the 50 notes limit on v10 as well. But I am not sure on Windows, did it on a Mac.