Strange "created" search results

created:day-1 -created:day (a "yesterday" search) misses 2 notes created via IFTTT that day. When I expand the search to day-2, it does show them. The created date/time on the note is yesterday, 9:07 PM.

Meanwhile the yesterday search itself does include 2 such similar notes, now from the day before.

Evernote Legacy search shows results as expected: with each note appearing within the correct "created" search

1 hour ago, ruudhein said:

created:day-1 -created:day (a "yesterday" search) misses 2 notes created via IFTTT that day. When I expand the search to day-2, it does show them. The created date/time on the note is yesterday, 9:07 PM.

Meanwhile the yesterday search itself does include 2 such similar notes, now from the day before.

Evernote Legacy search shows results as expected: with each note appearing within the correct "created" search

Interesting. It doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Is it correct on the web version as well as the legacy version? That might help to identify whether it is a problem with the search term or the syncronisation but neither seem likely from the symptoms you describe.

Good idea, to check the web version. Yup, there too.

Legacy has it perfectly normal.

In both cases they are IFTTT created notes, but in both cases the notes were added and synced at the right day. And the timestamp they have *is* for the right day. Just doesn't show up like that.

39 minutes ago, ruudhein said:

In both cases they are IFTTT created notes, but in both cases the notes were added and synced at the right day. And the timestamp they have *is* for the right day. Just doesn't show up like that.

Very strange. At least the desktop is consistent with the web version so we know it is something fundamental about how V10 is doing the search and not some sync issue. Another thing I thought to try is the created option within the filter. That allows you to filter for the range of days you are interested in. Only helpful for problem solving because you can't save filters and you have to have a specific date

image.png.a522e586e9580c863d9e31f561a6b921.png

I suppose you could also try the search syntax for the actual dates rather than the day syntax. Does updated: behave in the same way as created:?

Could it be a timezone issue as the search is now happening on the server?

Good ideas!

Filter gives same results: 18 notes with 2 missing from the 22nd but 2 from the 21st added.

created:20201122 shows all notes from the 22nd, but again adds those 2 notes from the 21st

In theory it could be a timezone issue _but_ the note's timestamp is correct

9:07 PM for the two notes of the 22nd that don't show.

8:47 PM for the two notes on the 21st that show in the results for the 22nd instead.

Each created via an IFTTT applet that pulls from a feed.

The timestamps match when those notes should have come in. When I travelled in different time zones, what you see is that the timestamp actually changes depending on where you are. As these timestamps match when they should have been created, I don't think it's a timezone issue

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, ruudhein said:

9:07 PM for the two notes of the 22nd that don't show.

8:47 PM for the two notes on the 21st that show in the results for the 22nd instead.

Each created via an IFTTT applet that pulls from a feed.

The timestamps match when those notes should have come in. When I travelled in different time zones, what you see is that the timestamp actually changes depending on where you are. As these timestamps match when they should have been created, I don't think it's a timezone issue

May not be the case, but I think I remember somewhere on these forums something about reminder timing for searches may not be comparing to local time.  Do the 22nd notes show on the 23rd?  Or is it just a flat out bug?  You could change the 9:07 to 8:59 and see what happens?

Yup -- some notes from the previous day show up on the next day.

Also see it happening for manually created notes, so it's not limited to IFTTT.

The cutoff point is 7 PM EST. Then it shows in the created search for yesterday; after that time, it shows up as today

• Level 5*
On 11/25/2020 at 12:02 PM, ruudhein said:

Yup -- some notes from the previous day show up on the next day.

Also see it happening for manually created notes, so it's not limited to IFTTT.

The cutoff point is 7 PM EST. Then it shows in the created search for yesterday; after that time, it shows up as today

Which is 12:00 GMT or UTC.  Maybe that's the day cutoff, whether it makes sense or not.  :(

Yeah, as far as I can see, EN stores against UTC. Which makes sense, to have an absolute point in time. But apparently Legacy has logic built in which says "let's transpose this all to this timezone", and for whatever reason EN10 does not. 

Now comes the scary part... Is that one of those "only 2% of the users need this, and for those we have decided they actually don't" feature changes EN is infamous for, or is it an oversight...

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, ruudhein said:

Yeah, as far as I can see, EN stores against UTC. Which makes sense, to have an absolute point in time. But apparently Legacy has logic built in which says "let's transpose this all to this timezone", and for whatever reason EN10 does not. 

Now comes the scary part... Is that one of those "only 2% of the users need this, and for those we have decided they actually don't" feature changes EN is infamous for, or is it an oversight...

Hard to fathom the V10 logic.  I really hope this is oversight, anything else is truly scary from a design perspective.