Search gives cached/old results rather than real time results

I'm my workflow, I have saved search queries to filter notes by reminder time.

When I update the reminder time of a note it takes a number of minutes for the search results to reflect that change. It greatly slows workflow to gave such long update times when organising notes.

I suspect that there is some level of caching that didn't exist on the old windows client.

I am running Evernote Windows client 10.3.7

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

The latest version (10.6.9) has seen a massive improvement in the time taken for changes in tags to be reflected in search. From minutes (or longer) to pretty much instantaneous. I had hoped that this improvement was wider than for just tags. Are you running the latest version and still seeing a delay in updating? There is a separate issue of a filtered/searched list being dynamically updated with changes to notes which EN are working on.

I have the same issue.

Repro steps:

1. Create a new note titled "new note"
  2. Tag with "existing-tag"
  3. Go to All Notes - confirm that the new note is showing up
  4. Go to Tag "existing-tag" - confirm that the new note is showing up
  5. Search by keyword "new note" - confirm that the new note isn't showing up in the result
  6. Search by tag "existing-tag" - confirm that the new note isn't showing up in the result
  7. Open existing saved search by tag - confirm that the new note isn't showing up in the result

Today, the problem is actually worse. I created a new note at 9am in the morning. The note still hasn't showed up in search yet (12 hours later).

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.14913
Service: v1.26.7

This is disappointing. I have repeated your steps but in my case everything worked as expected. I have had no problems with this since 10.6.9 but I know others are still experiencing the problem. The fact that you are seeing a difference between filtering and searching (steps 4 and 6) is very strange. 

To reiterate what @gbarry says in the release notes for 10.6.9 (forum version) 

Tag filter reindexing is now a lot faster. Add a tag to a note, filter by that tag and the note should near immediately be available via the filtered list (we’re still working on real time updates to tag filters that are active) 

Perhaps he did literally mean filter but not search.

It's indeed disappointing. I was a long time Evernote user and considering on coming back. But all these paper cuts (pun intended) makes me worried. I don't want to encourage bad habits buy giving in and started paying them again. 

I wonder if the difference is basic vs. premium. Full text indexing requires more server-side computation (and storage) than simple-filtering. Perhaps they tier the service so that basic users' content are indexed less frequently. This is 24 hours after the experiment and I can confirm the note is now showing up in search and saved search. I just wished EN team is making this an explicit behavior, so I know what to expect.

I have a similar issue. When searching, applying a filter with a tag and sorting by latest update, some notes do not appear... so it goes directly to old ones. However, when I remove the filter, go in my notebook, scroll and find the note I am looking for, they do have the right tag on it and I can see their update date, confirming it is more recent than others that showed up on the search results.

And it is not a matter of 24h : I just did it a few minutes ago, some notes updated the 20th of January did not show up...

Anyone has the same issue ?

Éditeur : v 116.1.14913
Service : v 1.26.7
On Windows 10 version 20H2

I'm facing the same problem.
When I search by tags, I get only incomplete results.
From the web browser version, the results are displayed correctly.

Editor: v116.1.14913

On Windows 10 (20H2), 19042.746

22 hours ago, Tsuyoshi3 said:

I'm facing the same problem.
When I search by tags, I get only incomplete results.
From the web browser version, the results are displayed correctly.

Editor: v116.1.14913

On Windows 10 (20H2), 19042.746

If it is correct on the web version it is not an indexing problem. If you create a note on the web how long do you have to wait for it to appear in the Windows version? 

8 minutes ago, Mike P said:

If it is correct on the web version it is not an indexing problem. If you create a note on the web how long do you have to wait for it to appear in the Windows version? 

When I created a note on the web, it was reflected on Windows in a few seconds.
New tagging on the Web version was also reflected on the Windows version within a few seconds.

2 minutes ago, Tsuyoshi3 said:

When I created a note on the web, it was reflected on Windows in a few seconds.
New tagging on the Web version was also reflected on the Windows version within a few seconds.

I don't know what to suggest. Since 10.6.9 I have had no problems with changes in tags taking a long time to be searchable. @newnewyorker above suggested that filter worked but search didn't. Is this your experience too?