Auto-Sync/Load feature very annoying since Version 10 (it is syncing buuut...)

I've looked on here for a while now about the new version 10, i found lots of posts about issues i have but not this one, so i'm making it.
I am Running version 10.3.7 and switched idk maybe 1-2 weeks ago? Maybe a bit longer but i was hesitant to update - and it turns out i was right and shouldnt have. Anyhow i've been through at least the last two minor versions if i remember correctly. These issues are not fixed in the newest updates and happend as recently as yesterday and today multiple times...

Auto-Sync issues:

1)
Since we dont have the option to sync at our own time anymore the system syncs all the time periodically, wich i think is very annoying. It sometimes lags out or has to reload when i go afk for a (not too long) period. This breaks workflow bc you come back wanna work WHOOPS have to wait until the programm loads the very same page you had open all day again! Just you wait! It will come back and update NOTHING bc NOTHING was changed while you're gone! Whoopies for taking your precious time!

2)
And then when you actually get to work - after a while it jumps to the top bc it reloads MID SENTENCE

OR EVEN WORSE 3)
it syncs while i am typing and then gets confussed what happend and notifies me that i have dublicates now. Since i never know what got saved where (usually some parts of the last sentence are in one doc while the rest is in the duplicate i have to go through both to the place i just was and copy out stuff, move it manualy to the other page and deleate one.
This is very, very annoying and i have this issue multiple times a day since this🤬 auto-syc feature got plugged in with version 10. Its starting to make me very disgruntled towards a programm i have used with pleasure for years now....

Add to that...
that the start is so slow that i actually had to change my work routine to "turn on pc, start evernote - then come back in a few minutes and hope it ready" instead of just sipping some tea setting everything up and starting right away.
AND the loading and search fuction got so much slower and even worse at some points as others pointed out already.
Like, i was unsure about updating but i really, really regret it. I am very close to going back to the old version bc of all these issues (but my laptop where i had intentionally NOT updated got kind of a force update - i didnt autorise it, it just suddenly jumped to version 10 when i started it some days ago. So yea, i might be stuck. As of rn i would WARN anyone using Version 10 and not encourage them, wich i think is sad for a years long happy costumer.)

• Like 1
  • LizaB changed the title to Auto-Sync/Load feature very annoying since Version 10 (it is syncing buuut...)

Same problems here with 10.3.7 on Windows. It seems to create duplicates every time the program tries to sync while I am editing a note. Each new duplicate only includes the content aready written when it was created and isn't syncronized anymore while I keep working on the "original". Extremely annoying as I am left trying to parse which note is the most recent/the original and have to constantly delete duplicates.

• Like 1