When attaching a file to a new note, please take the name of the file as the title of the new note - like in the legacy version.

Everrudi

Idea

The legacy version offered a fast workflow for me: I could add (or attach) a pdf file to a new note and conveniently the filename appeared as the title. With version 10.4.3 I have to type the title myself, very annoying.

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Use the import folders, and it works exactly as you request: Drop any file into the import folder, it will automatically be grabbed by EN and attached to a new note. This note will bear the name of the file as title.

I have placed an import folder on my desktop, and use it whenever I want to send a file quick & dirty into EN.

You can have some import folders, each linked to another notebook.

As from 10.19.2 right click -> send to Evernote has been reinstated. That also creates a note with the title as the filename.

Dragging and dropping the attachment into the note list also creates a note with the title of the attachment file name.

I'm beginning to wonder how exactly you can attach a file without it being the name of the note!