[Troubleshooting] Can't open any link from my main notebook after installing WIndows 10.4

Hello I'm a huge fan of Evernote!
I was one of the customers who installed the version 10 since day one and never looked back.

Today after installing the version 10.4.3 for Windows I discovered that I can't open my main notebook (the one that has more notes) from the side bar and I also can't open any link from notes of that notebook. I already reinstalled Evernote but everything still the same. Ideas for the next step?

Installed v10.4.3 this morning - installation ran through OK (I've been using v10 since it's first release and  updating with each new update) 
Checked the new features (top list, etc) - seem OK'; noticed I had to reset the columns in my note list display, presumably because of the changes there (URL option, etc)

Able to display content in my various notebooks, apart from one specific notebook - screen displays "we're having a problem - ret reloading rge page"
First time I've encountered this problem.

A sew reload attempts didn't work.

the notes are still there - they can be seen from the "All Notes" view.

My solution was to use the Legacy version which I still have installed:
- open Legacy version
-create new notebook
- go back to v10.4.3
- select relevant notes from All Notes list and move to the new notebook
- check new notebook content is visible
- go back to Legacy version
- delete original notebook that wasn't displaying
- rename new notebook to that of the (now deleted) original
go back to v10.4.3 - check "recreated" notebook is accessible

Problem resolved!
BUT is there a bug lurking here?
Why was the notebook content not visible?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Jone Mateus said:

Hello I'm a huge fan of Evernote!
I was one of the customers who installed the version 10 since day one and never looked back.

Today after installing the version 10.4.3 for Windows I discovered that I can't open my main notebook (the one that has more notes) from the side bar and I also can't open any link from notes of that notebook. I already reinstalled Evernote but everything still the same. Ideas for the next step?

Hi.  I merged you with another discussion since there's quite a bit of this going around.  There's a fix in this thread if you want to try it...

Same problem here, but clicking "Reload" will display the missing notebook contents as a kind of top level notebook instead of under the notebook that would not load.  See attached screenshot.  This only started after the version 10 upgrade.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Same here, after unstalling the new update to 10.4.3 it worked for a bit then that page apears on every note, mine is in Italian but the problem is the same. Good the legacy is here so at leats it's possible to work with Evernote. Any solution for this?

Thanks everyone.

We're working on a fix for this right now. In the meantime you can try these steps to resolve the issue as a workaround: 

Quite Evernote, then:

1. Go to search located next to the start button
2. Search for `%appdata%`
3. Locate and delete the Evernote folder
4. Launch Evernote again and sign in

Thanks for your patience. 

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the suggestions and to the EverNote team for working on the fix. Not sure if it is a different issue but I haven't been able to open EverNote on Windows S for about 2 weeks now, with the following error message on every try even after restarting and re-downloading, and after trying the suggested workarounds above:

"Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote"

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CharleyEvernote said:

Thanks very much for the suggestions and to the EverNote team for working on the fix. Not sure if it is a different issue but I haven't been able to open EverNote on Windows S for about 2 weeks now, with the following error message on every try even after restarting and re-downloading, and after trying the suggested workarounds above:

"Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote"

Hi.  Have you got / did you try the Legacy app?

On 11/24/2020 at 11:47 AM, Nick L. said:

Thanks everyone.

We're working on a fix for this right now. In the meantime you can try these steps to resolve the issue as a workaround: 

Quite Evernote, then:

Thanks Nick this worked, im using windows 10 and could not open Evernote since the upgrade with the "something went wrong..."error. You should have also mentioned to delete all the evernote related folders within the 3 directories within Appdata. I would still have been waiting another week for support to get back to me if I had not seen this so thanks again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2020 at 4:47 PM, Nick L. said:

Thanks everyone.

Quite Evernote, then:

Doesn't seem to work in Windows 10 S mode. I can't even local an Evernote folder under3 %appdata%. I found a few files that being with "Evernote", deleted those, uninstalled the app, re-installed, and still get the same error.
image.png.ba85ca55e2c79c335a7b3f699b172efa.png