URL missing from clipped notes?

In earlier versions of Evernote, notes created via the Evernote Clipper always had the URL reference at the top of the note.  Now, in version 10, that URL is missing from many of my notes. Some of my clipped notes have Clip Source: at the top, but a majority of my clipped notes do not, so the URL is no longer part of the note, as far as I can tell.  I did finally see that in the release notes to 10.4.3, one can add a URL column in the All Notes view, but that is not at all convenient on smaller screens.

What happened to the URL reference on so many notes?  Is there a way to get it back, or am I SOL?

Edited by camner

Yes, it is still there.  I had not known that before.  Thanks much for the tip!  (But I still wonder why the URL disappeared from the note header in so many (but not all) of my web clippings...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, camner said:

Yes, it is still there.  I had not known that before.  Thanks much for the tip!  (But I still wonder why the URL disappeared from the note header in so many (but not all) of my web clippings...

Good question.  Glad you found it anyways! 🙂

Hello,

There is some type of problem in the the Mac version for notes before the update: the information is there, but it adds several clicks as opposed to just going to the link. See the difference for the same note in Mac and Windows (screenshots attached). Compare it to a new note, and the link is there (although you need to click to get the link) - the old note says "HTML content" but a new note says "web clip." 

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 20.27.00.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 20.27.33.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 20.37.42.png

I use Mac, so I downloaded the legacy version for now: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote It works fine.

I sometimes work in Windows, and Evernote is ok there, as best I can tell.

Yet another problem is with iOS - on an iPad, clipping an article from Safari works, but it does not insert the title into the note.