Jump to content

v10.4.3 Bug: Can't Navigate to Certain Notebooks


Recommended Posts

I have at least one notebook that I can't navigate to in v10.4.3:

I am able to navigate to the notebook in Web and in Legacy Evernote. 

I don't have this issue with all notebooks. Most I can navigate to just fine. But this one now appears corrupt and I can't fix it. I don't know (yet) if there are other notebooks I can't access.

I do have notes in that notebook that are accessible via the shortcuts. I can pull that note from the shortcuts, but am unable to navigate to that notebook using via the note editor navigation option (clicking on the notebook name). I get the same error.

I've deleted, then redownloaded/installed v10.4.3. It didn't fix the issue.

I've logged out, then logged back into 10.4.3. It didn't fix the issue.

Any other things I can try?

Link to post
  • Stacey changed the title to v10.4.3 Bug: Can't Navigate to Certain Notebooks

I'm experiencing this same issue in a different Evernote account, also using v10.4.3. There is one notebook that won't load and gives me the same error and experience. That account has fewer notebooks than my primary account where I discovered the issue. I was able to click through all 17 of the notebooks and confirm that one 1 of the notebooks exhibits this behavior.

Link to post

This issue is appearing in more spots, not just when trying to navigate to notebooks. I tried to change the note-list view, and also to a notebook that was previously not experiencing the problem, and in both cases, I'm getting this screen:

2020-11-20_20-51-22.thumb.png.4288ac2332e3b6ae455d81126744f8f2.png

This bug is making the v10 app completely unusable for me.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post

Same here... same here: exactly the same error when I try to open one of my notebooks (no issue when opening it using the web client).

I feel so disappointed by all of this. I mean... it is about navigation to a notebook, the most basic feature you can imagine. But... that fails. What is going on?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

@StaceyAs a thought, I know you mentioned you had re-installed but had you tried clearing the local cache files in case something has become corrupt?

I clicked Help | Activity Logs | Show Log Files

This opened Finder to where those are, then, if you go up one level you see all the files stored locally

You could maybe log out of V10 and completely close.  Delete all the local content, re-launch and log in to see if that resolves?

I've got several hundred Notebooks, I haven't tried them all admittedly, but so far I haven't seen this here

  • Thanks 1
Link to post

Hi All,

after upgrading to 10.4.3 Evernote.app opens and shows my default notebook "Inbox". No issues to open favourites, saved searches, tags, etc.

As soon as I try to open a different notebook I get "sorry, an error occured - please try to load page again"

Re-Installing, Re-booting, doesn't fix.

No problems open those notebooks using iOS.app

Link to post
4 hours ago, danio72 said:

I clicked Help | Activity Logs | Show Log Files

This opened Finder to where those are, then, if you go up one level you see all the files stored locally

You could maybe log out of V10 and completely close.  Delete all the local content, re-launch and log in to see if that resolves?

Just tried this and unfortunately, the problem persists in exactly the same notebooks as reported above (which is interesting...was thinking this would solve it). Thanks for the suggestion, and hopefully this provides another piece of info for Evernote to quickly resolve this issue.

Link to post
10 minutes ago, stocky2605 said:

Hi All,

after upgrading to 10.4.3 Evernote.app opens and shows my default notebook "Inbox". No issues to open favourites, saved searches, tags, etc.

As soon as I try to open a different notebook I get "sorry, an error occured - please try to load page again"

Re-Installing, Re-booting, doesn't fix.

No problems open those notebooks using iOS.app

after changing the view option of my default notebook to "top list view" I'm not able to do anything anymore - as soon as EN starts I see that error message, re-loading doesn't help, that's it - I've to recover to 10.3.x

Link to post

I started a new thread yesterday and reported having the same issue.  I'm lending my weight to this thread in hopes that there's a rapid push towards resolution.

Fortunately, v10 is close enough to the web version that I can use it without too much of a loss.

Introducing releases with bugs continues to frustrate loyal users and stain Evernote's reputation.  They really have to get their act together!!

Link to post
  • Evernote Staff*

Hi there, 

Thanks for reporting this @Stacey. We're currently investigating this issue and it would be helpful anyone would want to collaborate by pitching in some activity logs.

1. Go to Help in the menu bar
2. Select Activity Logs > Save As
3. Save File name as Evernote.zip
4. Attach Zip file to your DM to me. 

Thank you!

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
  • Evernote Staff*

We're still working on a fix, but you may be able to get around the problem doing the following steps:

1. Open Finder
2. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
3. Paste `~/Library/Application Support/` and press Go. If you don't find this directory, try `~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/` and press Go.
4. Delete the folder `Evernote`. 
5. Launch Evernote and sign in. 

If you receive a prompt from stating Evernote needs access to your Keychain Access app, please input your Mac's administrator password (the same one you use to login to your computer) and press "Always Allow". Evernote requires access to Keychain Access on your Mac to write your Evernote credentials into it. The credentials will be used from time to time by Evernote to authenticate with the Evernote service.

Please know this is just a workaround while we prepare an update with the fix. 

Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
6 hours ago, Nick L. said:

We're still working on a fix, but you may be able to get around the problem doing the following steps:

1. Open Finder
2. From the menu bar select Go > Go To Folder...
3. Paste `~/Library/Application Support/` and press Go. If you don't find this directory, try `~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/` and press Go.
4. Delete the folder `Evernote`. 
5. Launch Evernote and sign in. 

If you receive a prompt from stating Evernote needs access to your Keychain Access app, please input your Mac's administrator password (the same one you use to login to your computer) and press "Always Allow". Evernote requires access to Keychain Access on your Mac to write your Evernote credentials into it. The credentials will be used from time to time by Evernote to authenticate with the Evernote service.

Please know this is just a workaround while we prepare an update with the fix. 

Thanks!

works for me, thanks.

Folks, you‘ll loose your settings regarding window size, notebook specific view options, etc. - just to know there are a few tasks to do then 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...