• 4 months later...

I also experienced this problem :( Cannot clip anything ( pdf or web) for a week . (Using Evernote for iPad) 

I found that If you wanna clip a pdf you should first open the pdf file in any pdf app such as good reader then from good reader click “open pdf in other app,send pdf to Evernote.

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

„Since the latest update“ means the posts above (2 month earlier) are related to earlier releases. The current release is 10.11.

Can you tell how you try to clip when it fails ?  Share, then click on the EN icon ?

Tried to restart the device yet ?

P.S. No issues with speed or refreshing, not on iPad, not on the iPhone. Maybe a restart will help as well, or it needs reinstalling. 

Eventually it works:

• I uninstalled Evernote
  • I updated to the latest iOS
  • I reinstalled Evernote
  • I logged-in again

Now it works. Not sure whether there would have been a short-cut to this, but that simply consolidated the baseline of everything installed.

Background: I have two iPhones. On one the clipping worked, the other one showed the issue above. The workin one I bought in the Apple store and update it regularly. The other one I received from my provider and updates are scheduled by them. That however can be overridden and so I decided to go for the above.

Thus, Evernote seems to be working fine but over the time the software versions might become incompatible.

Thanks for the inspirations here that got me to do what it takes.

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Yes, we must not forget that Apple is permanently working on the OS as well. Especially iOS 14.5.1 and 14.6 contained a lot of web kit (the engine behind the Safari browser) fixes. There were serious security issues, already exploited in the wild. Maybe this broke clipping as a side effect.

Thanks for the feedback.

• 2 years later...

Me too--I've been plagued with it all day. IOS 16.7--not sure if it updated overnight, but that's the version.

Can't save either an article from the web to Evernote, or pics from my phone that I take of an article.

Evernote completely non-useable for me because this is what I use it for.

Just now, EvernoteQueries said:

Me too--I've been plagued with it all day. IOS 16.7--not sure if it updated overnight, but that's the version.

Can't save either an article from the web to Evernote, or pics from my phone that I take of an article.

Evernote completely non-useable for me because this is what I use it for.

Reinstalling Evernote and re-logging in did not work.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

It likely has somehow to do with the server problems at EN.

When you tried sharing, was the iOS app already open on the device ?

yes it was. I've also noticed if you share it to Evernote multiple times in a row it eventually works. Not an ideal solution but works for now