Cannot transfer Evernote to new Android phone

2 yrs ago I used Samsung Smart Switch to transfer Evernote Premium from one Android phone to another with no problem. I now cannot transfer it to a new Android phone from either my Android tablet or phone. The icon is transferred but no notes- I am just invited to write my first note. I have tried downloading Evernote  directly but can get only a new basic version ( limit 2 devices)  unless I pay again . I have given all attempts 48 hours to synch. No success.  There seems to be no way of downloading a version and logging into it with the hope of syncing.

• Level 5

On all mobile devices, your master copy for notes is on the EN server. The app only holds part of the data, and always syncs content from and to the server. There is no need to transfer anything !

Just install the EN app on your new phone, log in and let it sync your notes from the server.

On a desktop, this is different for legacy clients, if you have local notebooks. Local notebooks need to be transferred manually. If not, it works the same as on mobile: Install, log in, sync, done. The difference is that on a desktop a full copy of the server data will be downloaded.

If you are on Basic, and are already using 2 devices, you need to unsync the old device before logging in on the new one. Since October 20 the web client does count as a device as well. Don’t jump between devices - there is a limit on how many you can unsync in a month as well. Or go Premium for a month, sort things out, and fall back to the right 2 devices before going back to basic.

Many thanks, but I have tried all this. My sub for Premium is paid but to be double sure I deleted EN from my old phone so now have it on only one device. As I said, I have downloaded EN   but  download gives me only a  free trial  Basic version and invites me to make my first note, even after allowing 48 hrs for synch. I download from Google Play ( on redirection from Evernote.com ) which asks for my password, which I have changed to coincide with my EN password. When EN is installed it does not ask me to login, just displays "Write your first note". Any other suggestions please.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry, another PS : If I go to Evernote.com I am asked to sign in if I already have an account. When I do I get " Sorry Evernote Web is not supported on Android browsers" then " But we do have an App for Android- download it here". Clicking on the link takes me to Google play which only lets me download the free trial Basic version, as above.

@Keith Baxby 

It appears your issue is that you're not logged in to Evernote on your new phone with the same account that you are using to subscribe to premium. I suggest you go to your email (or wherever you might have your receipt acknowledging your premium subscription) and confirm the email address that you used to subscribe to Evernote. Also confirm that your premium subscription was renewed within the last 12 months (as it's typically a yearly purchase).

If you have access to a desktop, you can login to Evernote.com from the desktop and confirm that you're using the correct username and password there. Once logged in confirm that you see all of your previously taken notes.

Then, make sure you login to Evernote using that same email address. On the Evernote app for Android, I believe you can login using a new account by tapping on the "hamburger" menu (three horizontal lines resembling a hamburger inside a bun) that should be on the top-left of the app. Once you do, all your old notes should sync to the phone as @PinkElephantdescribed.

• Like 1

Thank you Paul. You have identified the  first cause of  problem. I have been trying to login with my btinternet address which I use 99.9% of the time, but "Account settings"  on my tablet version shows that I originally registered EN with my gmail address.  Well done for that.

But I am still stuck because after downloading EN from Google Play - which also uses my Gmail address -when I click on Open  I get a login screen which is auto filled within a second by Samsung Smartlock with my btinternet address, so the problem persists. Even if I can get a finger on the email line  within one second  in an attempt to type in my Gmail address, nothing happens until the autofill takes over. I have Installed, Opened then had to Uninstall and make  another try about 15 times in an attempt to beat this.  Obviously a problem with Samsung not EN. Thanks for getting me on the right track.  If anybody out there can solve this damned auto fill problem I would be grateful.

• Level 5

This is now way to Androidish for me to contribute.

No experience with Android. I am content to keep up with what’s new in iOS and stay productive while trying.

Just imagine that (nearly) all i-devices sold in the past 5-6 years still update and run the actual OS, operate the same apps and share many other features, and still we have issues to discuss and to solve. No, I am out of this thread.

Problem solved! Despite definitely disabling autofill it still kept instantly filling with Internet address.

In case this helps someone else: The hamburger would only allow "Add a business account"  and obviously would not accept mine for that but I noticed "Account settings" allowed me to logout of the app which gave   my btinternet address then log in with Gmail address. Date appeared in seconds, registered with Gmail address and Premium version.  One irony of all this is that , many years into retirement, I have very little data to keep- I still have 99.9%  of storage unused!

MANY thanks Pinky and Paul. Problem solved- and I have only spent  15 hours on it!  I should have consulted my personal IT advisor - my 12 year old granddaughter - in the first instance .

Thanks again to both.

• Like 2