To all disappointed premium users: let's cancel our subscriptions

Total frustration also. My work flow stopped dead with the latest version: no finder integration (share to Evernote) so adding PDFs takes a very convoluted path. The print pull down showing Evernote has now stopped working. Just installed Legacy and its like finding a long lost friend!  So clean and uncluttered too...it just works! New version is a cluttered mess.

I saw someone note "Legacy" having features disabled? Sadly from "Legacy" it is considered a downgrade by the version check and you have to mess about with local files but it may be the last "real" versions may work better... I would not trust versions on other sites but Evernote GA announcements should be perfectly fine, last releases below... I don't think these will offer to upgrade to either the v10 or the newer "Legacy" versions when you use them but can always disable the auto update feature in the application settings.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/122340-evernote-for-mac-714
https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/126377-evernote-for-windows-625ga

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I would not trust versions on other sites but Evernote GA announcements should be perfectly fine, last releases below

The latest Legacy product version can be downloaded at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote   
This version does not auto-upgrade

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I saw someone note "Legacy" having features disabled?

Not that I was aware of - 6.25ga is also 6.25.1 and Legacy is 6.25.2 - presumably updated to live alongside EN10.x,  but otherwise (I thought) unchanged.  If you know differently,  please expand.

1 hour ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I don't think these will offer to upgrade

Tools > Options in Windows and (presumably) Prefs in MacOS will be set to at least notify if updates (of any kind) are available - if you're going back to the last GA version for the time being (I'm happily operating there at the moment) you may want to check that  to avoid annoying pop-ups.

If you're planning to use an older version alongside EN10 I'd suggest using Legacy to avoid unexpected issues.

Thanks for the headsup though... 🙂

• Level 5

Can’t really say that my v10 is much slower than legacy. One needs to keep in mind, that v10 is running server based, whereas legacy draws from local storage. Maybe the difference in speed is in the internet connection quality (in my case a Gigabit cable service).

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Can’t really say that my v10 is much slower than legacy. One needs to keep in mind, that v10 is running server based, whereas legacy draws from local storage. Maybe the difference in speed is in the internet connection quality (in my case a Gigabit cable service).

It's more than just connection my friend.  Connection speed is normalized per user.  Anything server based is likely to be slower.  Hopefully not so much that attention span wander which it does for some, and definitely for the 15 minutes I had V10  installed.

• Level 5

Well, looking at a spinning beach ball on my Mac really lets my mind wander these days. Hope sun is back soon, spring will come and real beach balls are out again. We have an hour and some to go to the beach from where I live, but the beaches of the Baltic Sea are not made for beach balls in January.

My usage of EN is mainly legacy on Mac and v10 on iOS these days, v10 on the Mac is still mainly a testing ground for me. Not ready to do that switch for now. The iOS client got better with the last releases, but still needs further attention. So watching beach balls, wait and see.

This is an update in case anyone else runs into the problem of having no link to renew Premium on their account status or subscription management page. This morning I clipped an article and saved it to Evernote.  At that time, I was presented with a link to renew my Premium subscription. After trying a few other web clippers on PC in the last few days, I made the decision that for the clipper alone, I would save myself some grief if I took advantage of that link and renewed Evernote Premium. LibreOffice Writer, which is open source and free, is good for my notes, backed up at sync.com, where they are encrypted. Just wanted to say thanks again for your insight and offer of help.