To all disappointed premium users: let's cancel our subscriptions

Total frustration also. My work flow stopped dead with the latest version: no finder integration (share to Evernote) so adding PDFs takes a very convoluted path. The print pull down showing Evernote has now stopped working. Just installed Legacy and its like finding a long lost friend!  So clean and uncluttered too...it just works! New version is a cluttered mess.

• Like 1

I saw someone note "Legacy" having features disabled? Sadly from "Legacy" it is considered a downgrade by the version check and you have to mess about with local files but it may be the last "real" versions may work better... I would not trust versions on other sites but Evernote GA announcements should be perfectly fine, last releases below... I don't think these will offer to upgrade to either the v10 or the newer "Legacy" versions when you use them but can always disable the auto update feature in the application settings.

https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/122340-evernote-for-mac-714
https://discussion.evernote.com/forums/topic/126377-evernote-for-windows-625ga

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I would not trust versions on other sites but Evernote GA announcements should be perfectly fine, last releases below

The latest Legacy product version can be downloaded at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote   
This version does not auto-upgrade

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I saw someone note "Legacy" having features disabled?

Not that I was aware of - 6.25ga is also 6.25.1 and Legacy is 6.25.2 - presumably updated to live alongside EN10.x,  but otherwise (I thought) unchanged.  If you know differently,  please expand.

1 hour ago, Brian Handscomb said:

I don't think these will offer to upgrade

Tools > Options in Windows and (presumably) Prefs in MacOS will be set to at least notify if updates (of any kind) are available - if you're going back to the last GA version for the time being (I'm happily operating there at the moment) you may want to check that  to avoid annoying pop-ups.

If you're planning to use an older version alongside EN10 I'd suggest using Legacy to avoid unexpected issues.

Thanks for the headsup though... 🙂

• Level 5

Can’t really say that my v10 is much slower than legacy. One needs to keep in mind, that v10 is running server based, whereas legacy draws from local storage. Maybe the difference in speed is in the internet connection quality (in my case a Gigabit cable service).

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Can’t really say that my v10 is much slower than legacy. One needs to keep in mind, that v10 is running server based, whereas legacy draws from local storage. Maybe the difference in speed is in the internet connection quality (in my case a Gigabit cable service).

It's more than just connection my friend.  Connection speed is normalized per user.  Anything server based is likely to be slower.  Hopefully not so much that attention span wander which it does for some, and definitely for the 15 minutes I had V10  installed.

• Level 5

Well, looking at a spinning beach ball on my Mac really lets my mind wander these days. Hope sun is back soon, spring will come and real beach balls are out again. We have an hour and some to go to the beach from where I live, but the beaches of the Baltic Sea are not made for beach balls in January.

My usage of EN is mainly legacy on Mac and v10 on iOS these days, v10 on the Mac is still mainly a testing ground for me. Not ready to do that switch for now. The iOS client got better with the last releases, but still needs further attention. So watching beach balls, wait and see.

This is an update in case anyone else runs into the problem of having no link to renew Premium on their account status or subscription management page. This morning I clipped an article and saved it to Evernote.  At that time, I was presented with a link to renew my Premium subscription. After trying a few other web clippers on PC in the last few days, I made the decision that for the clipper alone, I would save myself some grief if I took advantage of that link and renewed Evernote Premium. LibreOffice Writer, which is open source and free, is good for my notes, backed up at sync.com, where they are encrypted. Just wanted to say thanks again for your insight and offer of help.

• 2 months later...

Still using an older legacy version on mac and wouldn't go near the new *****. Unfortunately on mobile the new horrible (beta quality at best) app was forced upon us. After the new android app refused to fully download several notebooks (after a day of "downloading" - even after several steps to try and force it download notebooks one by one [and no they aren't even big]), and the ones it did it simply deleted all the data after opening the app without Internet access (and prompted to login - even tho offline!). Since EN pushed the new android app, it has "reset" itself by deleting the local data+cache several times. I've been an EN user for 12 years and a paid user for much of that time. The main reason I pay now is for offline access on mobile. Now that the new mobile apps are online-first and offline-maybe/can't-rely-on, then what's the point? 

Also, it's funny that support's response to these problems is that, oh sorry it's new software and there are problems. Sorry no, I've been using this software fine for over a decade (well, always keeping to older stable versions anyway) and now you push out some ***** that doesn't work and expect us to keep paying for paid features that don't work? Software companies should be able to be sued when they break paid features of their software.

Anyway, not renewing and its hard since I've used it for so long but its become unusable on mobile. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

On 11/22/2020 at 11:43 AM, DTLow said:

What specific missing features do you "need it to do"   
For me, I need Applescript integration (Mac)   
Other than that, I'm willing to make workflow adjustments

The Version 10 product is still a work-in-progress.  I'll make a decision when the work is completed, or the Legacy product no longer functions

specific features? how about:

maintaining data integrity - EN constantly overwrites newer files in shared documents. This is a huge problem.

offering proper backups - backups used to be easy a number of years ago. And given the frequent loss of data is critical.

sharing of documents with basic users - Sharing is the #1 reason I have paid for EN premium for as long as I have. No longer can a premium user share an editable document over 20MB with a basic user. It exceeds the maximum note size and can't be editable. This is a recent change for the worse.

lack of a cohesive user interface - sharing a folder/document is inconsistent and different every time they update. In another example, I couldn't find where they had moved the file history feature which I needed due to old files overwriting new files (big sync issues with EN lately). One day its in note info, the next its in a dropdown menu elsewhere ...It changes literally every update and this is very disruptive to my workflow. Also, documentation on the website is so out of date it's to solve these things. 

There are lots of other features but these are just a few of the more important core features that EN used to do well but no longer does. The loss of these features makes EN far less collaborative and this adversely affects the workflow. As a paying premium user for over 11 yrs, its sad seeing the decline in quality and usability ....

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, wahlink said:

EN constantly overwrites newer files in shared documents.

Are we talking overwriting notes,  or changing files attached to notes here? And if the note is shared with editing privileges,  remember that either party could be making changes which sync back to the server,  while the other party is making changes to the same file.  When the first changes get synced down to the second user,  their latest changes are overwritten by the 'update'.

I'd suggest raising this with Support,  because it's not the usual experience... https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Im just here to ask those who have been on a subscription for yrs that are paying more than the current pricing. (premium). 

Is there differences between old premium. Features vs current one? Should i cancel mine then renews to a new pricing? 

Or does google play store has commissions in it making the price differences. 

Edited by keruchan
  • 1 year later...
On 11/18/2020 at 5:55 PM, gazumped said:

Good suggestion - let's get them into real trouble so they can't ever fix the issues.  I still haven't found something better than Evernote - maybe a little patience until they get their act properly together?  I'd hate to have to use some of the alternatives...

Have you tried others? 

I'm currently looking b/c EN has lost at least 6-10 very important LONG notes & I am sick of it. Hours & hours of hard work all GONE! Some notes that can never be redone. 

And who knows how many they lost b/c I don't go into every single note or search for it until I need it.

JUST TERRIBLE!!!

And their Android app has caused me tons of problems every time I use it which isn't often. I can't even figure out how to search ALL notes & then it doesn't show me notes I've already created (takes forever to sync even if I click on sync before I leave the house) & how many times have I tried to open it & it won't open (the whole app, not just the note I need.) Although I think they fixed that problem, but it took them forever to fix it. Again, I rarely ever use my cell phone, but when I need something desperately & I'm away from my home, I can't rely on EN.

Oh, & one time while on a plane I made the mistake of making a note a shortcut & EN DELETED IT. 8-10 months later I finally found it in the trash. I even told them it was gone & they took so long to get back to me they couldn't even find it on the server.

I had to do ALL of that research work again (this was before I found it.)

And since it's clear that I'm not the only one who loses notes, how come they've NEVER made a backup system in place so if something does get lost you can get it from there?

I have to remember to do exports which I shouldn't have to do. I remember when I remember, but in the meantime I could lose tons.

On 1/17/2021 at 11:37 AM, elizabeth_mckenzie said:

This is an update in case anyone else runs into the problem of having no link to renew Premium on their account status or subscription management page. This morning I clipped an article and saved it to Evernote.  At that time, I was presented with a link to renew my Premium subscription. After trying a few other web clippers on PC in the last few days, I made the decision that for the clipper alone, I would save myself some grief if I took advantage of that link and renewed Evernote Premium. LibreOffice Writer, which is open source and free, is good for my notes, backed up at sync.com, where they are encrypted. Just wanted to say thanks again for your insight and offer of help.

I don't use the clipper feature. I tried it once & I had issues with it.

Have you ever tried Nimbus? 

I LOVE Nimbus for screenshots - https://nimbusweb.me/#OurFreeSociety

I'm complaining about their screen recording as there are still issues with it, but the SS feature is good & they have a clipper feature which I think is on the free version, but I have the paid version, so I don't know.

Just in case you want to check it out.

I actually needed something where I can write notes ON a webpage like Amazon so I don't forget what I researched about a product & there was nothing. I thought that was a feature of the clipper, but I guess not.

I finally found a Brave extension which works. LOL

On 1/16/2021 at 12:04 PM, EvernoteUser818 said:

Just installed legacy. Forgot how much faster the experience was. Things load instantly. 

I tried the huge update 2 years ago (I assume that's vs 10) & it attacked my Win 7 computer. Then it wouldn't let me load the legacy version & I couldn't use my computer for a whole hour trying to get it to stop. I was beyond stressed.

They said I can't have both open at the same time, but even having both on the computer (not open) freaked the computer out. WOW.

I didn't like the newer version. They removed at least 2 features I needed (I can't remember what they were) & I missed the simple GUI that legacy has.

I HATE it when companies remove features & don't care what the customer wants. That's been happening with a lot of companies recently.

On 1/15/2021 at 10:57 AM, elizabeth_mckenzie said:

Thanks for the reply and the offer of help! I didn't submit a ticket. To say I was put off is an understatement. Luckily, I also did not update to v10, but the threat of the legacy app being available for an unknown period of time is motivation enough for me to look for a more secure and efficient solution. And frankly, the thought of Evernote AI pilfering through my notes looking for something to put on my Home page is abhorrent to me. It's not something I need and not at all what I signed up for.

Did you ever find a good replacement?

There's certain features I need & that's important plus how to import them AND the notebooks into the next software.

ALL software companies now are reading everything we write down. We haven't had privacy EVER, but it's worse in the last few years.

They can delete very important notes whenever they want b/c if memory serves, they use goolag as their server.

On 11/21/2020 at 7:31 PM, Alvin C said:

Evernote is more than a product like a Moleskine notebook, which you don't have a relationship with them after buying except that you have to exchange a new one because of quality. Evernote is a cloud service with software as a means to deliver features every second 24/7. Maintenance of services is needed all the times, and even some issues cannot be avoided, they should be working hard to prevent these to minimum. This fact is where trust lies, and trust implies communication is necessary.

The relationship between users and developers/companies has been changing and developing over decades, from merely a product to a service, and even more than services. A service may become like a nation because they store (more and more of) our privacy on the server. Now they are still an enterprises but they are taking more roles as governments. No matter what happens in the future, everything is changing and I won't be surprised people one day will call for democracy in enterprises and companies will consider that. But until now people are concerning more and more and some companies like Google are releasing transparency reports every year as a communication means to reassure the public that their service is reliable and trustworthy.

I don't want to say too far, but at this moment I regard note-taking apps as a kind of services which trust is a must, and so communication. I store my data on THEIR server not only on my devices especially when they dump local notebooks. I choose to store THEIRS because I trust them and I find it reliable so I can access and make use of my data all the time. I choose not to because I don't trust them and wonder what they will do to harm me (like losing notes, notes no longer can be exported...).

LOL, trusting goolag just b/c they put out a statement, you are funny.

goolag controls the ENTIRE internet (except really the evils do & they own all of the net & silicon valley) & makes it so they brainwash you.

They control what you see on their SE & that of course brainwashes you into thinking something is the Truth b/c it's on the first or second page of goolag.

And for all the other SEs out there, most use goolag as their backend.

I went back to Pre search b/c it wasn't good before & now it's much better - https://presearch.org/signup?rid=2578764

And goolag reads all of your emails, files when you use google drive, doc, sheet, etc (I switched to Zoho), what's on your phone, etc. & that is ALL passed to the horrific AI created by & run by the evils. I mean people need to know that thru your phone they listen to EVERYTHING & even use your camera without you knowing it's being turned on.

There is NO privacy on the net or our computers or even in our own homes if we have smart devices even in your fridge, thermostat, AC, dryer, whatever. VERY dangerous. They can access your home thru any smart device.

In fact, when I asked if I unplug my computer from the net is it safe & I was upset (but not surprised) to learn that NO, the evils have back doors into our hardware thru their hardware. It may be only Intel, but I doubt it, I'm sure they own AMD (I can't remember the other company name) as well.

It's very easy for them to spy on EVERYTHING & if anyone here thinks it's just to SELL you something (that's just the fake news they put out), I have a piece of swamp land to sell you.

• Level 5

Instead of spreading unfounded assumptions, some facts:

EN runs on servers located in Google datacenters. This servers are exclusively rented by EN, Google has no access to them. Think of them as a rack mont, in long rows of racks, each of them serving several EN users.Google runs the data center, but the servers are under EN staff control. Google has no access to servers or the data transferred, as it has no access to the servers of many other companies renting servers there. Google is just running enough of them for their own use that economies of scale and professional data center management speaks for this solution.

EN had access to the users data since it was founded, and nothing has changed about it. EN bots will read content to build the search index, EN bots will process pictures and other attachments to make them searchable. Bots means algorithms, computer code, not humans. The result of their work is fed back into your account, making it searchable for your own use. You can‘t have one without the other.

If important notes get deleted, you deleted them yourself, or they got caught in one of these not-syncing-problems EN is working on (new sync is going into beta testing now, lets hope for the best). EN is not deleting user content - even if a user downgrades to Free, his data is still kept on his account, for reference.

If you want data autonomy, you need to avoid cloud services at all. This is a choice up to yourself - don‘t complain about the consequences if you opted for comfort and capabilities of the cloud services, which are hard to match stand alone. But it is possible, if you want to invest the money, time and learning necessary. Getting the autonomy without the sweat is not working.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
49 minutes ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

Have you tried others? 

I'm currently looking b/c EN has lost at least 6-10 very important LONG notes & I am sick of it. Hours & hours of hard work all GONE! Some notes that can never be redone. 

And who knows how many they lost b/c I don't go into every single note or search for it until I need it.

As it happens,  I've tried many of the alternatives but I'm still using Evernote after 12-15 years and very nearly 60,000 notes.  I get regular backups because I'm careful with my data,  but in all that time and content I've only 'lost' a couple of notes,  probably entirely through my own fault or evil Internet gremlins. 

Most of the complaints we see here about alleged data loss are through user error,  so the best way to avoid issues is to raise a specific query and be prepared to listen to the answers.  If you're still a subscriber you have access to Evernote official Support.  If not,  you still have access to the forums where we are all other users of the product.

If you wish to spend the next 6 months looking at alternative applications,  here's a good start - Comparison of note-taking software - Wikipedia - that's a list of 30 or so,  although I've seen another list on Reddit which expanded that to around 80.  I don't have a link though - you'd need to do some searches to find it. 

My main objections to most of these? - They're new / one person startups / lack of experience / bad security / not (yet) fit for purpose.  IMHO Evernote is still the best all-rounder,  at least for the general-purpose note taking I use it for.

Incidentally I've been around for so long that they made me a Moderator here,  which means I have the power to zap posts if they're unhelpful,  untrue or otherwise contrary to the code of conduct.  Your posts were a definite contender for that - please tone it down a little...

• Like 2

Currently I (now) have Legacy on an Apple laptop and an Apple desktop (Intel Mac mini) and have "fixed" the non-Evernote green icon with a little "copy paste" on the Get Info... Very pleased you can still do this trick that I used back in the "System 7" days... The old "squarish" green icon fits better alongside Apple's icon IMHO.

I also have the last pre-legacy Windows version on a Windows machine (which I barely use) and last pre-10 Android app on my personal phone...

iOS I did upgrade "by mistake" on an iPad not long after "v10" came out, regretted it and uninstalled... I just don't use it on iPad any more due to the "refusal" to offer the old app even renamed Legacy as Evernote did for the "computer" apps. Somewhere I may have a device with the old version but EN is "dead to me" on Apple iOS. I rarely miss it.

On Linux I have one of the forks of NixNote2 installed. This and the Android app are probably 80% of my usage and guessing maybe 19% "Mac" and 1% Windows.

If Legacy breaks (very happy to report it launched after pushed my work laptop to macOS Ventura) then I've eyed up Quentier which is cross platform using I believe the same Qt based code base across Mac, Windows and Linux.

Of course as of yesterday the interest will be what will happen under "Bending Spoons"... I could be looking to "move" my database if "bad things" happen which as people have mentioned is where "Legacy" versions are so much better than v10 regarding backups, etc. Time will tell...

15 hours ago, gazumped said:

As it happens,  I've tried many of the alternatives but I'm still using Evernote after 12-15 years and very nearly 60,000 notes.  I get regular backups because I'm careful with my data,  but in all that time and content I've only 'lost' a couple of notes,  probably entirely through my own fault or evil Internet gremlins. 

Most of the complaints we see here about alleged data loss are through user error,  so the best way to avoid issues is to raise a specific query and be prepared to listen to the answers.  If you're still a subscriber you have access to Evernote official Support.  If not,  you still have access to the forums where we are all other users of the product.

If you wish to spend the next 6 months looking at alternative applications,  here's a good start - Comparison of note-taking software - Wikipedia - that's a list of 30 or so,  although I've seen another list on Reddit which expanded that to around 80.  I don't have a link though - you'd need to do some searches to find it. 

My main objections to most of these? - They're new / one person startups / lack of experience / bad security / not (yet) fit for purpose.  IMHO Evernote is still the best all-rounder,  at least for the general-purpose note taking I use it for.

Incidentally I've been around for so long that they made me a Moderator here,  which means I have the power to zap posts if they're unhelpful,  untrue or otherwise contrary to the code of conduct.  Your posts were a definite contender for that - please tone it down a little...

I'm done with talking about the Truth. It's censored everywhere, even on here.

No, sorry, I don't go around deleting my own notes. I've heard this for many years that the USER is responsible for deleting the notes & that's why they got lost.

Not happening with me. If others delete them & forget, ok, but again, I don't go around deleting notes, let alone HUGE notes with tons of information in them that I spent hours working to type out. I remove the odd duplicate or empty note, but NEVER my notes full of content & even if I did (I'm not saying I did), they would be int he trash & they aren't there. I've deleted maybe 10-15 notes most empty since 2014 when I started with EN.

As for backups, do you mean a folder/file within Evernote or the exporting?

I don't have time to remember to back things up & that's not just with EN. I use a backup system for that. 

And when I started exporting, it was only specific notebooks or notes that are HUGE, but to export everything one at a time? No, it's not going to happen. That's why I said that EN should have had a backup system in place decades ago. I know they have a problem with this b/c when you fill out a ticket it asks if that's why you are filling it out. LOL SMH Again, if I only lost 1 note b/c of them, ok, but there's 2 HUGE notes that I spent 8-10 hours on compiling info from FB & another one that was a 6-8 video, so at least 14-20 hours of work. I have every right to be pissed.

As for their competition, all I care about is that I have software that does what it needs to do & doesn't lose my notes. I don't need all the other fancy features that a lot of other people use. Notebooks, notes, a good search feature that will find the kws in all of the notes & give me the links to go right there, a half decent text editor with at least a yellow highlight & I can do Ctrl V to paste images (not attachments) into the odd note. And it looks similar to EN b/c some of them like Zoho uses tiles which I don't like. I need more of an office look rather than a personal fancy/graphical interface. Oh, & it syncs with a mobile app & WORKS. 

If a small team can handle that, I'd be more than happy to give them not just my business, but also promote them. The size of the team doesn't matter if you know what you are doing code & GUI wise.

Thanks

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Instead of spreading unfounded assumptions, some facts:

EN runs on servers located in Google datacenters. This servers are exclusively rented by EN, Google has no access to them. Think of them as a rack mont, in long rows of racks, each of them serving several EN users.Google runs the data center, but the servers are under EN staff control. Google has no access to servers or the data transferred, as it has no access to the servers of many other companies renting servers there. Google is just running enough of them for their own use that economies of scale and professional data center management speaks for this solution.

EN had access to the users data since it was founded, and nothing has changed about it. EN bots will read content to build the search index, EN bots will process pictures and other attachments to make them searchable. Bots means algorithms, computer code, not humans. The result of their work is fed back into your account, making it searchable for your own use. You can‘t have one without the other.

If important notes get deleted, you deleted them yourself, or they got caught in one of these not-syncing-problems EN is working on (new sync is going into beta testing now, lets hope for the best). EN is not deleting user content - even if a user downgrades to Free, his data is still kept on his account, for reference.

If you want data autonomy, you need to avoid cloud services at all. This is a choice up to yourself - don‘t complain about the consequences if you opted for comfort and capabilities of the cloud services, which are hard to match stand alone. But it is possible, if you want to invest the money, time and learning necessary. Getting the autonomy without the sweat is not working.

I don't talk conspiracy theories, I only talk about things I have studied. If you aren't a Truther you have no idea what what I'm talking about & I won't say anymore on the topic. You have insulted me & will probably kick me out of here if I say what I really think. More censoring of the Truth & ignoring reality.

Now onto EN

I HAVE NOT DELETED MY NOTES. STOP BLAMING ME FOR EN!!!

I won't respond to you again. That's why I never come onto this forum, b/c I was blamed a few times for the notes going missing. No one EVER takes responsibility for their actions or software. That's WHY we are in this war!

I only came on here because of that Evernote Essentials issue/bug.

BYE

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, RapidFinancialSolutions said:

I don't have time to remember to back things up & that's not just with EN. I use a backup system for that. 

Likewise, with Evernote Legacy on my Mac I have backups scheduled automatically via Applescript     
This included full and incremental backups

On 1/17/2021 at 12:51 AM, PinkElephant said:

Well, I though Whenever We use Evernote, it keeps some of the data to local posts in order to launch faster and don't spend time on working with Servers. Last day, I uploaded something from my phone and could not see the update on my desktop app. Waited... waited. Then just deleted the data on my computer and reseted it. It works but it's very slow on my case. 

• Level 5

What you describe may point to a database corruption on the desktop. This can happen, and then new notes may not sync from the server.

When you reset the local database, it will creates a new one using the cloud master copy. It will download a first set of data fast, and then fill the missing gaps, like attachments. As long as there is still data missing it needs to load it from the server, which delays reaction.

I would leave it open, running in the background for a while. Unfortunately there is no indicator telling when the download is done. I monitored network traffic last time - it took 3 days until the connection to EN stopped showing traffic.

55 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

What you describe may point to a database corruption on the desktop. This can happen, and then new notes may not sync from the server.

When you reset the local database, it will creates a new one using the cloud master copy. It will download a first set of data fast, and then fill the missing gaps, like attachments. As long as there is still data missing it needs to load it from the server, which delays reaction.

I would leave it open, running in the background for a while. Unfortunately there is no indicator telling when the download is done. I monitored network traffic last time - it took 3 days until the connection to EN stopped showing traffic.

I don't think it's that b/c then it wouldn't have saved any of the notes after those notes, right? And it has.

I just thought of another note or even an entry in a very long note I have that went missing, but I wasn't 100% sure about that one even though I spent over 30 minutes trying to find it, but I was 1000% sure about the other two.

And the cloud version doesn't have it either. I'm not sure why I'm ever told by support to look there when it syncs with the desktop.

I just installed a new SSD HD with a new copy of Win 7 so the EN desktop is brand new. 

Wow, if yours took days & mine only took maybe 10-32 mins. (I wasn't paying attention) then you have a lot more than I do. Or is that different than resetting?

And I think they had me do something like that a few years ago, but I really don't remember.

Just to be clear, this isn't a new problem. The one note was around 4 1/2 years old (lots of Truther info in there) & the 2nd one was just after the scamdemic first started, so around summer 2020. I went to hand it out to someone about 2 months ago & POOF, it was gone.

I've even had text from inside a note disappear (different than the one I mentioned above). The note didn't disappear, but there's no way I wrote only 5 lines of text when I was taking notes on a 50+ min. video.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, agsteele said:

@RapidFinancialSolutions If you've tried the suggestions offered then your next stop would be tech support via a ticket.

😉 Of course we could start a conspiracy thread surrounding your missing content 😉

I already contacted tech support when this all first started happening, in fact more than once. They weren't a help at all.

There's NO joke about the killing off of all of Humanity & our Mother Earth & the war we are in. You can joke about it all you want, ignore what is right in front of you & call me crazy, but just remember our conversation when you start to wake up & I hope you do before it's too late.

I'm just going to unsub from this thread. I know you were joking, but I don't need to be bullied because I have the guts to speak the TRUTH while you ALL ignore it. I could say more, but I won't.

this is timely, I wonder why it appears on my inbox a day after I subscribe to notion. LOL

anyway, if you are looking for a new note taking app try notion.
I believe this will be my last year in evernote. it's been more than 10yrs. 

but I'm going to warn you before hand. Notion takes a bit of a learning curve before you become convenient on it. 
if you have basic programming skill (so basic in which at the level of a high school student) you may be able to tame it. 

I started using it last month and took me several redesign attempt on the structure of my database. before I finally figure out the best suitable for my case use. 

if you don't know where to start in notion.  you go focus on "Database" first. find tutorials about notion database.
coz the structure of your notion will be base on how you design your database.

Notion is more focus on organizing. and Evernote is more of Quick notes, something like write and forget,
I'm still gonna use my evernote. but I'll soon be no longer be a paid user.

some very useful advice since you are familiar with evernote.
in evernote you have notebook, inside notebooks you have pages.  (that's how simple it is)
in notion the so called "pages" is more like a Room.  the databases are Shelves. but the Shelves can exist in multiple room all at once via link database view.

good luck.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, keruchan said:

in evernote you have notebook, inside notebooks you have pages.  (that's how simple it is)
in notion the so called "pages" is more like a Room.  the databases are Shelves. but the Shelves can exist in multiple room all at once via link database view.

Good luck indeed...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

A pretty good description of one of the major differences between EN and Notion.

EN comes ready out of the box, some little tweaks, and you are good to go.

Notion out of the box is looking into your face and asks you "And now ?". It has more options to tweak it, but you as a user must know how to set it up. And when use cases change or are added, you often need to tweak again. Some users like this, others may pick a bad way to structure things, and end up with bad usability.

Both concepts work, one just needs to know what to expect, and what role the own input has for the outcome. EN is good if you want to focus on content, not on building your personal database.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

EN constantly loses notes.

I've tried to cancel my subscription due to that and multiple other issues bit they still took my repeat subscription (about 6 months after I cancelled the yearly plan).

Appalling!