How to back up enex file in 10.3.7?

Go to solution Solved by ctsr,

• Solution

I'm a Premium user. Please can someone tell me how to find and download the enex file in 10.3.7? (is enex the name of the large file with all of my evernote files / data in it?) 
Evernote seems to be broken? When this happens I usually back up the enex and reinstall Evernote.

Does Evernote still place an enex file on the local computer?

I've been using evernote for 10 years, and have 32000 notes on it... 

================

The solution - I was thinking of the .exb file - which I found under 

C:\Users\ username \Evernote\Databases

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ctsr said:

The solution - I was thinking of the .exb file

If you are using the Legacy version alongside your new EN10,  the EXB file contains a full copy of your database.  For complicated reasons it's not a reliable backup - but you can export the ENEX files (which are the correct backups) from Evernote Legacy if you want...

• Like 1

Hi gazumped - thank you for replying.

Please can you clarify:
Only the evernote legacy (that I have installed) still creates a .exb?

Does EN10 create a .exb? No?
Does EN10 allow me to export notebooks as ENEX?

Thank you - I've not been keeping up with all the evernote changes - and now I'm getting lost / worried. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, ctsr said:

The solution - I was thinking of the .exb file - which I found under    
C:\Users\ username \Evernote\Databases

I'm still using the Legacy product which uses a .exb file (Windows)   
The Version 10 product uses a completely different database structure    
located at    C:/users/<youraccount>/appdata/roaming /evernote

Warning; this database is optional, and only used for offline use

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
12 minutes ago, ctsr said:

Only the evernote legacy (that I have installed) still creates a .exb?

As @DTLow said,  that would be correct. As far as we know EN10 doesn't have a user-accessible local database file and (I believe) although it is possible to download and save ENEX files from the new app on a notebook by notebook basis, you're currently limited to 50 notes at a time - which is pretty much useless for all practical purposes.  Best backup currently available is to export ENEX from the legacy app.

(NB one ENEX file per notebook and make sure that the options are set to include note tags!!) 

• Like 1

Thank you gazumped.

I hope Evernote will fix these issues.
Although perhaps users (like me) with 25gb of notes are edge cases,
and it's not cost effective for evernote to support their needs?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Wow - I still have you beat though; my database is now 30GB+  (and I'm still on an UN-updated 6.25.1) !!

Evernote do plan on allowing full notebook exports in due course,  but like you,  I prefer to have all my notes backed up under my direct control.  And I backup frequently - I don't think frequent 30GB downloads are going to be a practical option for me... 

• Like 1

Is there any alternative to evernote that can cope with 30gb of structured notes,
and also has a version of web clipper?

I don't plan to move - but need to be looking in case EN's plans don't work out - good interview:

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, ctsr said:

Is there any alternative to evernote that can cope with 30gb of structured notes,
and also has a version of web clipper?

All the alternatives (and there's a Reddit link somewhere that lists 80+) seem to me to have more downsides than sticking with Evernote.  Depending on your expertise and exact use case,  there may be one or another that you could use - but personally I'm no longer being distracted by shiny things elsewhere;  unless and until Evernote proves unworkable I'm just getting on with things here...

• Like 3