Permanently updated and refreshed release notes for Evernote for Web

HeBoIz

Idea

Once again there is a new Evernote for web version, this timeV.10.4.0
And once again there are so far no informations bei EN, when this was released, which issues are (hopefully) solved and which new features should be available with this new version.

Wouldn"t it be good and heplful, to supply all users and custumers by company-hosted and maintained informative release notes for the EN web version as well, best with history... ?
(This could be another subpage, pefectly added to https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833-Evernote-release-notes)

This could efficiently canalize lots of discussions an questions about the Evernote for web version and help to sort out issues... 

• Like 2

11 replies to this idea

13 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Some of us still log into 5.33 - apparently because of the size of my database.

Yes, that is the annoying thing with the new web version: it seems to load all metadata of the personal database in a kind of big cached data-storage in the browser.
This may lead to better search performance but may cause troubles and big delay with really big EN-databases and cost memory as well as energy. 

Not a problem in my case, just about 8.5k notes, part of them more or less regulary deleted.

With this size the new web version is even a good way to use the modernized editor without having to change to the actual desktop version on windows pc or Mac... ;)

On 11/18/2020 at 6:50 AM, gazumped said:

Some of us still log into 5.33 - apparently because of the size of my database.  Support did connect me to the new version briefly,  but bad things happened so I reverted to the old UI. 

@gazumped I am still stuck on v5.33 across all browsers and cannot get a reply from Evernote as to why. I saw your post and think I might be getting prevented from upgrading because I have 40K notes, the consequence of being 10+ year premium user of Evernote. Do you have any update on when/if Evernote are going to look after us paying long time paying customers and give us access to the new version?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
55 minutes ago, Rabbit704 said:

@gazumped I am still stuck on v5.33 across all browsers and cannot get a reply from Evernote as to why. I saw your post and think I might be getting prevented from upgrading because I have 40K notes, the consequence of being 10+ year premium user of Evernote. Do you have any update on when/if Evernote are going to look after us paying long time paying customers and give us access to the new version?

Support gave me the impression that it's a work in progress but haven't indicated whether or not this is a priority.  I'm guessing Evernote is still running through the 'alligators and swamps' stage of a new launch - problems hitting them from all sides.  They have to fix the big account issue though - a number of people here are in the 50K+ area,  and others are mentioning delays and lags that seem to be related to size. 

It did occur to me that this idea that some or all of a database will be downloaded as a temporary reference when the app is opened is going to be problematic with quite a few users - my database is 30GB or so and downloading that on a regular basis is going to kill my connection speed for other things ...

At the moment I'm keen NOT to have access to the new app - Web 5.33 isn't great, but it is usable for reference when I need it;  I'm sticking to 6.25.1 until the new Evernote looks a lot more like the old one does! 

As I mentioned you can check the new web experience by getting a Basic account if you want to try it out...

• Like 1

As far as I can see Evernote for Web has been updated today to new version 10.5.6 as well.

We would all certainly appreciate it if this would be accompanied by release notes here in the forum and on EN-release-note page (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833-Evernote-release-notes) telling us, what is new, what has been improved or fixed and what probably is to come next, when ever EN staff finds time for this

NEW IDEA: Wouldn't it be best, EN would combine the page linked in the web-account-infos (https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209006027?utm_campaign=help_whats_new&utm_medium=account_menu&utm_source=evernote-web) with a service or hyperlink for updated release- and change-notes?

image.png.b4c53b39c19b3d321f0a5d5eb4691de4.png

Probably not all EN-web-users are taking part in this forum.
And most of them won't know about the mentioned EN-release-note page on https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833-Evernote-release-notes neither.

I still stuck on v5.33 for Web and the ticket I raised over this a month ago has gone cold. I’ve now asked for an update on status 5 times without a reply for 2 weeks ... and @iansmall has the audacity to proclaim in his recent post that "We are listening". What a croc.