This release is a disaster.

fuchsfr

Idea

I have been here once before.  

A bookmarking product called Delicious was devastated by a new owner and new UI.

I migrated everything to Evernote.  I expected it to be stable as it was a PAY for service for multiple devices and additional storage.

Every repeatable action in my life is on this product, and now I can not "right check, to do, uncheck all".

What a functional disaster.  I am fearing the worst, a migration of Delicious was painful.  A migration out of Evernote will be catastrophic.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to this platform?

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  No obvious alternatives that I've seen - but you can at least get back to your former stability (on a desktop) by installing the 'legacy version' or you can uninstall the new app and reinstall the former public release. 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote or http://cdn1.evernote.com/win6/public/Evernote_6.25.1.9091.exe

• Like 1

Yes that is where I went.  It is so fast and efficient.

What compelled Evernote Corporate to release this new UI with so many missing features?

As a Offering Manager myself I know about releasing Minimum Viable Products (MVP) for quick feedback.  But, I also know when something like is happening it means that the corporate goals have shifted and I may no longer be a target customer.

Sometimes you make more money supplying a solution to 90% of basic users, that require less staff and resources.

Making yourself more profitable does not always line up with your most passionate user advocates. 

So What I have to ask is:  What is your Strategic Direction EVERNOTE?

And if I am not part of your target demographic, have the courtesy to please let me know, so I can start to explore my exit strategy.

• Like 2
On 11/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, s2sailor said:

Check around on the forums. There are numerous posts already on this that help present options.

What are these “forums” of which you speak? Help please!

• Level 5*
On 1/15/2021 at 11:21 PM, wodtke said:

What are these “forums” of which you speak? Help please!

The forums in which you are posting contain lots of discussions about possible options.  Use the Forum search,  or just Google 'Evernote Alternatives'.

Hi Everyone - Long time Evernote religious user here. Been wanting to smash myself in the face with how terrible this new version has been. It's made it almost impossible to use in any meaningful way. Each of the features I use the most (Simplify Formatting, highlight text, Select All, Copy) I have found a work around and a seemingly great solution. Use a different program. Simplenote works perfectly. I would recommend just leaving Evernote altogether until they get their act in gear and start actually making a useable product. The current state reminds me of Skype's transition into oblivion. 

I had been using iOS 11 still haha fighting the upgrade because I knew there would be problems. And low and behold, I updated last week to 14.6 and now I hating it. Things in all different places that I've been using every day for years. And Evernote is basically unusable for me because you cant strip the format and on mobile I literally cannot reliable select all because it's so finicky. That being said, I can't use legacy on my iphone. So in essence, Evernote is going to lose a premium sub customer for years to a free solution that works better. I suspect I'm not the only one.