Restore Manual Sync/Sync Button

bigphilwalks
Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

Idea

Hello,

On one of my computers I've written new notes (using Windows app, not website) which never showed on another computer.

I've solved this with following steps:

-    I've signed out from Evernote (on the computer which refused to synch notes)

-    When logging out I did not select backing up

-    I've confirmed logging out

-    I've logged in again

The missing notes were shown on another computer as well.

Btw, restarting Windows didn't help at all.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure they are in this horrible trend in product management where people are told to try 'feature reduction' and see if your business  KPIs moves the right way to understand how isefull this feature was .... this is absurd but oh well ... let's suspend auto renewal and see what's what

• Level 5

It syncs faster than you are able to move the mouse to tell it to sync.

You can follow what it does by looking at the (light grey) text bottom right of the EN window.

Maybe we don't like how it syncs - but syncing it does. In this case an additional button is really not an additional feature (and BTW I think to count the number of buttons is one of the weakest measures for the quality of a piece of software. Or do you think the MS ribbons full of tiny little button icons are the greatest invention since bottled orange juice ?).

• Level 5

I think (without deeper knowledge) that the Google approach was to create very granular files from the beginning. In case several parties work at the document together, every one can work on a detail, and the work syncs only that detail into the „mother“ document. If you are working alone, it still only syncs small packages, not the whole document.

With EN AFAIK the whole note serves as an entity - which means syncing is always syncing the note, not only a little element that was changed. Not easy to solve, at least it takes them pretty long to get it fixed.

Hello there and after a year I'm still very gutted no manual sync button is restored. 

It's a real shame to this product that I've been using for years, and reading the comments here I'm giving Google Docs a try. Really, in my case it doesn't work as good as a manual button (and somehow i'm glad my contract with EN is up in a few days).  Why not just respect users' wish?

A manual sync and an auto one aren't mutually exclusive eh?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

There is a manual sync : Hold down the alt/opt key (at least this is the key on the Mac) before clicking on Help. There will be a new menu item „Troubleshooting“. Behind it you have an option to Reload, and another for Force Reload.

So there is a Sync button, but they've cleverly obscured it.  That's crazy.  I've run into sync issues quite a bit recently.  EN: bring it backi, PLEASE!

The automatic sync does not always work and a manual sync button should still be available.

I get sync from android to the cloud, but it sometimes takes 15 minutes to finally sync with the Windows app.

Since the big change in the so called upgrade, the Android app has really been unbearably slow for scanning, moving note to a notebook, and tagging. I have had it with the lack of EN addressing the issue. I am cancelling the paid prescription and moving elsewhere.

• Like 1