JavaScript error: EN 10.3.7.2018 + macOS 10.15.7

image.thumb.png.2007284f908141cf1bfa6d57786425be.png

Such error like above appears when I try to open EN. It started after installing version 10.3.7 (it worked OK also on Catalina before this EN update)  

I've already removed EN (using AppCleaner), restarted my laptop and reinstalled EN from Evernote.com (not from AppStore). The issue is still the same. 

My EN account works properly both on iOS and on Web.

• 6 months later...

I have this issue too.  I've tried a full removal of evernote including Library files as:

and reinstalled evernote clean, but I get the identical error and Evernote will not open.  I've used evernote for years and now cannot...

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 1.40.46 PM.png

• Level 5

No idea what causes that error.

When I need a full uninstall, I use the app AppCleaner. You get it free in the internet.

Install it, run it, in the uninstall window make sure all options are selected for uninstalling. Scroll down til the end, and select everything. Then hit uninstall and let it trash all items.

To make sure everything is gone, empty the trash and restart the Mac. Then try a fresh install. I always use the direct install from the EN web site, not the AppStore version.

After migrating my computer to a new one via time machine - evernote will not open with SAME error as noted below.

I uninstalled Evernote with "CleanMyMac" - rebooted and tried to install again.  Same error shows up.

Does anyone read these forums?  

Javascript Error Noted Below

Uncaught Exception:

Error: Failed to get 'documents' path

at Module.<anonymous> (/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:1132:9904)

at __webpack_require__ (/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:213)

at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:718:132747)

at __webpack_require__ (/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:213)

at /Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:1815

at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Evernote.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/main.js:2:1862)

at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1152:30)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:1173:10)

at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:992:32)

at Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:885:14)

• Level 5

The forum is user to user.

It looks as if there was no full uninstall done.

I use the app AppCleaner to uninstall. Make sure all elements are ticked. After uninstalling restart the Mac.

When reinstalling use the download from the EN website, not from the AppStore.

The thread cited above was started in 2009. I don’t believe it should be followed in 2021.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm not too familiar with Slack. But I know that many 32-bit-only apps, starting with High Sierra and Catalina, won't work until the app developer upgrades their software to 64-bit: Compatibility of 32-bit apps with Mac OS High Sierra later ithire.com .
This may not be related, but that was my first guess, as you can note in the article: Apple> About This Mac> System Report> Software> Applications (see the ""64-bit version"" column to determine) or better yet, click on ""Legacy Software,"" all 32-bit software is there and probably won't work. If it does, you may need to contact the application developer; if it's not 32-bit, apologies; let me know because something else is going on; I hope that helps!