Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote.

I can't run any more Evernote installed from windows store to my Windows Surface Go2 which runs on Windows 10S.

I get the following: Something went wrong on our end, sorry about that. Please try restarting Evernote.

Even after a new fresh windows installation the problem persists.S

Screenshot 2020-11-14 223029.png

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried CentralAla's suggestion and unfortunately didn't work.

Past two weeks have had several emails with EN tech. They've been very proactive, but no easy fix. Here was his reply last night.

Thanks for understanding. Upon further testing our engineering team believes they've found the issue and it currently affects all customers on Windows 10 S Mode. We're now working on a fix that is scheduled for next version 10.5. The update will be available from the Windows App store and available on Windows 10 S mode within about a week or so.

Just adding myself in here as another Surface Go user with Windows 10 S having the same problem so I can follow the thread.

Thanks very much for posting the update you got from EN tech support Tim.H, great news they are working on an update and I'll keep an eye on this thread and for the update.

• Evernote Expert

I've seen a report that Win 10S doesn't currently support Evernote 10. From what I read something to do with restrictions inside 10S which EN10 doesn't comply with.

I seem to recall that 10S users have to get their application via the Microsoft Store which is a problem since the EN app automatically updates. If it is possible then the solution might be to install the legacy app. Otherwise, I can only recommend the web browser approach which should work until EN10 is acceptable to Microsoft for Win10S

THis is clearly a significant issue wich @gbarry and @Austin G will want to be aware of.

10 hours ago, agsteele said:

If it is possible then the solution might be to install the legacy app.

Not possible. Win10S only allows store installs. The only solution (until the scheduled 10.6 fix) is to use the web client.

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2020 at 5:31 PM, Austin G said:

Thanks for notifying us. We're working on a few issues specific to the Windows 10 S platform. A fix is currently scheduled for the 10.6 release. Until then please use Evernote Web to access your notes on Windows 10 S: https://www.evernote.com/client/web 

Thank you for your patience while we work on this. 

Please can you provide an update. Still not working on WIn 10S as of 10.7.6 release

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

You probably exceed your device limit of 2.

Check it in your account settings.

If you have more than 2 devices connected, disconnect some.

If you want to add a new client, you need to be down to only 1 before a second one can be connected.

I had this issue for a week now ( July 2021 ). On Mac with Big Sur 11.4 - Evernote 10.17.6

At first I waited for Evernote to fix it, as they usually are on top of things. Since it has been a week, I did the whole uninstall properly and reinstall etc.. a number of times.. never worked. I went to the help page to see if there are better ways to uninstall, but it's just what we all know and do..but they do say ' download from our website or the Mac app store'..

Turns out, it was fixed after I reinstalled from the Mac App Store.. not from the download button on the Evernote website.

I thought I'd leave that here for anyone who's struggling with the loop to hell ' something went wrong on our side, please restart evernote ' and then it doesn't quit..so force quit and all that..

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 10.57.31.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Thanks for posting. I can’t reproduce this, and would avoid the AppStore version because of its execution in a sandbox. I have experienced problems in the past that went away with the direct download.

So everyone has its use history.

I've tried using the direct download and the AppStore version(s) - I still get that endlessly recurring message above (and I'll past it here for confirmation): Any other ideas, because, although I'm a longtime "Evernote Personal" subscriber, I guess if you're not a business client, they don't really give a hoot.image.png.2c42367ad97887fea68f1d97757fd842.png

On 7/19/2021 at 3:50 PM, PinkElephant said:

Thanks for posting. I can’t reproduce this, and would avoid the AppStore version because of its execution in a sandbox. I have experienced problems in the past that went away with the direct download.

So everyone has its use history.

I don't know what you mean by 'its execution in a sandbox'.. but I'm probably too junior for that. 
Anyway.. it worked for me, was hoping it works for someone else too. 

• Level 5

Execution in a sandbox means that the OS let the software run in a predefined area of the Memory. It does not allow the software to execute commands that reach out of this area, called the sandbox.

All contact of the software and the „outside“ is handled by the OS. This allows a more secure control of apps running on a computer, but restricts the software as well.

iOS is executing any app in a sandbox, on MacOS the apps loaded through the AppStore are sandboxed.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:25 AM, Spidey said:

I had this issue for a week now ( July 2021 ). On Mac with Big Sur 11.4 - Evernote 10.17.6

At first I waited for Evernote to fix it, as they usually are on top of things. Since it has been a week, I did the whole uninstall properly and reinstall etc.. a number of times.. never worked. I went to the help page to see if there are better ways to uninstall, but it's just what we all know and do..but they do say ' download from our website or the Mac app store'..

Turns out, it was fixed after I reinstalled from the Mac App Store.. not from the download button on the Evernote website.

I thought I'd leave that here for anyone who's struggling with the loop to hell ' something went wrong on our side, please restart evernote ' and then it doesn't quit..so force quit and all that..

Enjoy!

Screenshot 2021-07-19 at 10.57.31.jpg

The problem arises after a power-failure crash on my Mac running Big Sur 11.4. Reinstallation did not fix the problem. The Popup Window "Something went wrong on our end," does not disappear. Cutting the WLAN connection off also does not help.
Seems to be a serious but.
Can anybody help?

• Level 5

It may be the power outage corrupted something on the installation.

I would do a full reinstall: 

• Uncheck the „keep data when leaving…“ in EN settings. Log out, quit the app.
  • Now use AppCleaner to remove all traces of EN from the Mac. Some boxes will not be checked, check them all.
  • After his it does not harm to restart the Mac. Then reinstall - I always use the direct download from the EN website,  not the AppStore version.
  • Login, see if it works.

To avoid problems like this there is the possibility to get a UPS, a battery that makes sure your Mac will not fail when power is cut. It will cost appr. 100€/$, depending how much reserve time you want to have. It will need a replacement battery every 5 years. Get one that allows battery exchange.

Thank to PinkElephant for the reply & care.
> EN settings: I cannot start the application, the "Something wrong ...." pop-up appears and everthing is blocked
> AppCleaner tells me that the application is protected

Is there any file in the library com.evernote.... folders that can be deleted to unblock the start of the application?
Having a UPS is certainly a good option - after the problem is fixed.

• Level 5

Probably you have installed by the AppStore. Then remove the app trough the AppStore, or by dragging it to the waste bin. This will however not remove everything. No easy fix for that, and I don’t know enough about the M1s to help. I am running an Intel MacBook Pro.

If it continues to be protected, it may be that this happened when the power failed. In this case I woukd expect more damage to the file System than just this. I would contact Apple support about it then.

On 7/22/2021 at 3:32 PM, PinkElephant said:

Execution in a sandbox means that the OS let the software run in a predefined area of the Memory. It does not allow the software to execute commands that reach out of this area, called the sandbox.

All contact of the software and the „outside“ is handled by the OS. This allows a more secure control of apps running on a computer, but restricts the software as well.

iOS is executing any app in a sandbox, on MacOS the apps loaded through the AppStore are sandboxed.

Got it. Thanks, PinkE. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I keep getting message "something went wrong on our end., sorry about that.  Please try restarting Evernote.". I have removed and reinstalled the program multiple times and still get the same result.  Running latest version of Windows 10 on hp computer.  Works fine on my apple pad but wont work on HP.