Drop Devices Issue - It's Identifying my Macbook Pro TWICE Even Though I'm Using Only 1 Device

See screenshot. 

It's Identifying my Macbook Pro TWICE Even Though I'm Using Only 1 Device. 

I want evernote on my PHONE and my MACBOOK. 

It happened yesterday too where I selected my Mac and my phone, and today it's saying again "you need to un-sync 1 device". 

Any suggestions?

Screen Shot 2020-11-14 at 1.26.58 PM.png

• 9 months later...
  • Level 5

It shows on my mobile client the same view as above (app settings, account, devices). When I select a device by tapping on it, the checkbox is selected, and at the bottom of the page a button to confirm shows.

An alternative is to remove it in the web account.

There is a limit of 2 unsyncs per month. If used up, it means waiting 30 days, or subscribe.

• Level 5

You mean you were downgraded to Free by not renewing your subscription.

I did this once to use up my EN points. It was unmistakingly communicated that my subscription is moving to an end. Email, a one week renewal to sort out any payment issues, more email.

It did really not slip my attention.

If this was different in your case, I would contact support about it. Even if you are still on Free, you can issue a ticket here, and select "Billing" as ticket type.

It's a basic courtesy if a subscription runs out to tell the user. Plenty of companies simply take another payment, which is arguably worse. My son's motorbike insurance was due for renewal, but he ignored it as he had sold the bike. The insurance company took the payment, even though he had authorised only a single payment, and said it was OK: it's called passive selling. It took me best. part of a year to get the money. back. In this case a simple email asking me to renew would have been simpler than telling me that I had configured it incorrectly, and wasting all this time sorting it out. I'll know next time.

• Level 5

As I said: I downgraded to Free consciously and coordinated with support, because I could not use my EN points worth half a year of Premium without first terminating my subscription.

I could not have missed this termination, even if I would have not caused it myself. EN reminded me on several channels about it.

If this did not happen in your case, I would check if the mail address of your account is still valid, working and the mails from EN did not end up in your spam folder. You can try the sending of an email from your account (Free is limited to 5 trials). You can as well check in your account, personal settings which type of email you have allowed EN to send to you.

And as I told above, you can reach support on Billing issues, and of not being reminded of an open billing.

"And as I told above, you can reach support on Billing issues, and of not being reminded of an open billing."

I tried to reach support, but they just told me to contact the community, which is why we are talking. 

Basically their support is atrocious.

• Level 5

OK, now you reached us. We as users can't do anything on accounts, payments and billings.

Personally I run my main account since I renewed after using my points through iTunes - helps me not to miss a payment becoming due, and I get a reminder 4 weeks in advance to be able to terminate a subscription.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, androcles53 said:

So if you say I can contact support, how?

My solution would be to upgrade to a paid account for a single month   
This gives you immediate access to   
- use your account
- create a support ticket   
- revoke access to the problem device

• Level 5

This is a link to support.

Else you can go to the web, log in, click on your account name top left, click on account overview (if not selected)then on the arrow beside your name top right. A dropdown menu shows, among other items there is the support option.

For free accounts only a selection of ticket types are available, among them account issues and billing. The screenshot I have taken using my Free account, so I am sure it works. At the bottom of the page you see the "send a ticket" option is active. Chat is a subscribers function, it is inactive.

1359919153_Bildschirmfoto2021-09-08um19_54.45_ergebnis.thumb.jpg.7962d11e06ff37b955062db513d9403a.jpg