Allow Note List View pane to expand wider

HighcardEN

Idea

Hi,

It seems the Note List View pane cannot be expanded past a certain point of width.  I have a widescreen display, and I like my Note List View in List mode to be quite wide so I can see all the fields.  But for whatever reason, after upgrading from version 6 to version 10, this pane cannot be expanded beyond about 880 pixels, no matter how large the Evernote window is.  If I try to drag the pane wider, it just pops backwards.  I attached a screenshot that shows the element I'm trying to drag wider to the right.

o0RK4k8.png

9 replies to this idea

I will personally never understand top list view people :) but they're clearly out there, and taking away options is never a good idea.

Legacy is great, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense right now, unless someone trying to get by while they transition to another product.  If you're serious about staying with Evernote, you might as well learn the new version and make your voice heard.

I can understand protecting certain panes by having a minimum width, but I cannot understand the logic of implementing a maximum width.

Locking the information-dense Note List View pane at 880 pixels when the average display is 1920 or 2560 pixels wide makes no sense.  Notes are protected with a minimum width of around 530 pixels, so why not let the Note List View pane expand as much as the user prefers, as long as it doesn't violate the minimum width of the note?

It's my display, let me resize things the way I like.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, HighcardEN said:

Locking the information-dense Note List View pane at 880 pixels when the average display is 1920 or 2560 pixels wide makes no sense.

I have no information about whether or not that was the case in Legacy,  but it is the case now.  So as you say,  the choice is: use legacy some of the time,  or get used to the new limit - which may only be temporary.

You posted this as an idea,  so anyone who's interested can vote the option up to indicate support.  I use left-list view and switch it in and out (using the last release before 10) with the F-keys.  Works for me...

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, HighcardEN said:

Legacy is great, but it really doesn't make a lot of sense right now, unless someone trying to get by while they transition to another product.  If you're serious about staying with Evernote, you might as well learn the new version

I consider the Version 10 product a work-in-progress; not ready for general use   
The Legacy product is working well for me.   
I'll review the Version 10 product when the work is completed

>>make your voice heard

Objective feedback is welcome.    
Sadly most of the posts are more "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad"; it clutters the feedback/issue forums

16 hours ago, DTLow said:

I consider the Version 10 product a work-in-progress; not ready for general use   
The Legacy product is working well for me.   
I'll review the Version 10 product when the work is completed

>>make your voice heard

Objective feedback is welcome.    
Sadly most of the posts are more "Boohoo, Evernote's so bad"; it clutters the feedback/issue forums

If it had been released as a Public Beta (or Alpha) all of that could have been avoided. Instead it was a "push" update. I'm on Windows - so continuing to use the legacy version. However Apple users don't have the same option.

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

It's working for me on my Apple Mac
No legacy option for Apple IOS

I'm not an Apple user - so just to clarify :

As I understand it, IOS is the mobile operating system, and Mac the desktop machine(s). So, if I understand you correctly you can't use the legacy option on phones, but can on any Mac desktop/laptop system ?

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, FrankC said:

So, if I understand you correctly you can't use the legacy option on phones, but can on any Mac desktop/laptop system ?

Correct; The Legacy product can be installed Mac devices     
                The Legacy product can not be installed on IOS devices (iPhones, iPads)

• Thanks 1