Notes no longer readable after update to macOS Big Sur, V. 11.0.1

Go to solution Solved by hermannpaar,

What I have found out so far: (I always have the latest versions for Mac and Evernote)

Not readable are the notes in:
Google Chrome and evernote Desktop. 

They are readable in: 
Firefox and Safari.

Characteristics of the notes:
This strange effect on the font happens only with the settings "Normal Text" and "Large Headline".
When I convert the cryptic characters to bold, they are readable again. (see screenshot)

2-2.jpg

32 minutes ago, FIFOF said:

go back to Evernote legacy 

and allow the other topics 

At the moment I have done that, but I use evernote in firefox even more. But of course I want to use the new version in the desktop app and point out bugs, hoping that they will be fixed quickly

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, hermannpaar said:

But of course I want to use the new version in the desktop app and point out bugs, hoping that they will be fixed quickly

Evernote Legacy will run alongside v10 so you can use both (preferably not at the same time) - if your OS supports it.

On 11/15/2020 at 12:58 PM, gazumped said:

Evernote Legacy will run alongside v10 so you can use both (preferably not at the same time) - if your OS supports it.

Thank you. I know that I can run both versions on my mac. But this does not help me, because - as you can see above - there is nothing to read in the new version. Only cryptic letters appear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Solution
On 11/13/2020 at 5:43 PM, hermannpaar said:

I can't read notes in the app or in the browser after I updated to Big Sur. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Best, Hermann

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-13 um 17.25.53.png

+++ Now the good news, I couldn't be happier - after 5 days everything works again. Thanks to the team! +++

• 4 weeks later...