Jump to content
  • 0

Save attachments function gone??


EverEm

Idea

I used to be able to save all images out of a note by Ctrl click over the note in the side bar, and selecting ‘Save attachments’. This option seems to have completely disappeared and I can’t see how else to pull all images out at once (which I need to do several times every day...) can anyone help??

Link to comment

9 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0

My expense report workflow involves selecting lots of notes at once, each of which contains a scanned receipt from Scannable, then saving all the attachments to a folder at once. With the recent update, this option is now missing. What??!?!

Link to comment
  • 0

Just adding my voice. "Save attachments" is a critical feature for me, that I have used throughout my time with Evernote (5 years now). I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

if anyone knows how Outlook deals with the process of scanning documents and easily extracting them as image or PDF files, I'd be interested to hear more. Will do some reading myself when time allows..

Link to comment
  • 0
  • Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Guru Bob said:

I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

... Or use the Legacy version?

27 minutes ago, Guru Bob said:

how Outlook deals with the process of scanning documents and easily extracting them as image or PDF files

I didn't know Outlook had any scanning features... ?

Link to comment
  • 0

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newby contributor, apologies for any inconsistencies/poorly written notes..

> ... Or use the Legacy version?

I'm not keen on using the legacy version if it's unsupported. I've just downlaoded it and will stick with it for now, but don't see it as a long term solution, and as I continue to add documents and notes, I'm mindful that this just deepens my investment in the EN ecosystem.

 

> ..Outlook..

Just being an idiot. I meant OneNote.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
  • Level 5*

I didn't update to v10 and I currently rock just over 54K notes on Windows v6.25 which has 'worked' (to a degree) for me for the past several years.  I don't see Evernote closing off the servers anytime soon,  and if you have tech issues,  a re-install or some basic system house-cleaning will usually resolve them.  Plus you have us - faint hope I know - but there are lots of knowledgeable bodies around here who can help you over any speed-bumps. 

With Legacy,  and even now in the lastest v10,  you should have the ability to export notes in HTML and ENEX should you wish to move on - and Evernote has hinted there will be more options coming.  Plus all the competition are salivating over Evernote's 9-digit user numbers and many offer 'import from Evernote' options you can use if necessary.  You're hardly tied down.

I don't know how OneNote scans stuff,  but Evernote can do the same with the mobile apps - use the camera to 'import' a document - and the desktops,  if you have a scanner.  Images and PDFs will be OCR'd and searchable (although it's best to get that done locally to have a 'searchable' PDF file).

OneNote has a couple of tricks of its own,  and if you need that functionality there's no bar to using both apps side by side (apart from it being a pain to search in two places and remember which does what!).  I couldn't tell you what the current state of play is - but you might want to check how easy it would be to export stuff from that ecosystem should you commit.

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I didn't update to v10 and I currently rock just over 54K notes on Windows v6.25 which has 'worked' (to a degree) for me for the past several years

I've downloaded V6.25 today and it is a welcome return to familiar territory. That you and others are choosing it rather than V10 for now is positive news. I'll stick with it and see how things go.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I don't know how OneNote scans stuff,  but Evernote can do the same with the mobile apps - use the camera to 'import' a document - and the desktops,  if you have a scanner.  Images and PDFs will be OCR'd and searchable (although it's best to get that done locally to have a 'searchable' PDF file).

I use Scanner Pro and import into Evernote. I used to use the Evernote scanner / camera function and will make sure I give it a try from time to time to see how it compares. I've been really impressed with the quality of Scanner Pro though. It's definitely improved things for me.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

Plus you have us - faint hope I know - but there are lots of knowledgeable bodies around here who can help you over any speed-bumps. 

Thanks. 😉 Good to know. I will keep the faith.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
4 hours ago, Guru Bob said:

Just adding my voice. "Save attachments" is a critical feature for me, that I have used throughout my time with Evernote (5 years now). I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

 

On 5/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, DTLow said:

As noted "Save Attachments" is missing from Evernote's v10 product    

You can download all the attachments (images, pdfs etc) from a note in Windows V10 by right clicking the body of the note and choosing "save attachments".

image.png.aa7b950296a6e39d73f67f09a36e1dab.png

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...