Save attachments function gone??

EverEm

Idea

I used to be able to save all images out of a note by Ctrl click over the note in the side bar, and selecting ‘Save attachments’. This option seems to have completely disappeared and I can’t see how else to pull all images out at once (which I need to do several times every day...) can anyone help??

16 replies to this idea

My expense report workflow involves selecting lots of notes at once, each of which contains a scanned receipt from Scannable, then saving all the attachments to a folder at once. With the recent update, this option is now missing. What??!?!

Just adding my voice. "Save attachments" is a critical feature for me, that I have used throughout my time with Evernote (5 years now). I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

if anyone knows how Outlook deals with the process of scanning documents and easily extracting them as image or PDF files, I'd be interested to hear more. Will do some reading myself when time allows..

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, Guru Bob said:

I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

... Or use the Legacy version?

27 minutes ago, Guru Bob said:

how Outlook deals with the process of scanning documents and easily extracting them as image or PDF files

I didn't know Outlook had any scanning features... ?

Thanks for the reply. I'm a newby contributor, apologies for any inconsistencies/poorly written notes..

> ... Or use the Legacy version?

I'm not keen on using the legacy version if it's unsupported. I've just downlaoded it and will stick with it for now, but don't see it as a long term solution, and as I continue to add documents and notes, I'm mindful that this just deepens my investment in the EN ecosystem.

> ..Outlook..

Just being an idiot. I meant OneNote.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I didn't update to v10 and I currently rock just over 54K notes on Windows v6.25 which has 'worked' (to a degree) for me for the past several years.  I don't see Evernote closing off the servers anytime soon,  and if you have tech issues,  a re-install or some basic system house-cleaning will usually resolve them.  Plus you have us - faint hope I know - but there are lots of knowledgeable bodies around here who can help you over any speed-bumps. 

With Legacy,  and even now in the lastest v10,  you should have the ability to export notes in HTML and ENEX should you wish to move on - and Evernote has hinted there will be more options coming.  Plus all the competition are salivating over Evernote's 9-digit user numbers and many offer 'import from Evernote' options you can use if necessary.  You're hardly tied down.

I don't know how OneNote scans stuff,  but Evernote can do the same with the mobile apps - use the camera to 'import' a document - and the desktops,  if you have a scanner.  Images and PDFs will be OCR'd and searchable (although it's best to get that done locally to have a 'searchable' PDF file).

OneNote has a couple of tricks of its own,  and if you need that functionality there's no bar to using both apps side by side (apart from it being a pain to search in two places and remember which does what!).  I couldn't tell you what the current state of play is - but you might want to check how easy it would be to export stuff from that ecosystem should you commit.

2 hours ago, gazumped said:

I didn't update to v10 and I currently rock just over 54K notes on Windows v6.25 which has 'worked' (to a degree) for me for the past several years

I've downloaded V6.25 today and it is a welcome return to familiar territory. That you and others are choosing it rather than V10 for now is positive news. I'll stick with it and see how things go.

I don't know how OneNote scans stuff,  but Evernote can do the same with the mobile apps - use the camera to 'import' a document - and the desktops,  if you have a scanner.  Images and PDFs will be OCR'd and searchable (although it's best to get that done locally to have a 'searchable' PDF file).

I use Scanner Pro and import into Evernote. I used to use the Evernote scanner / camera function and will make sure I give it a try from time to time to see how it compares. I've been really impressed with the quality of Scanner Pro though. It's definitely improved things for me.

Plus you have us - faint hope I know - but there are lots of knowledgeable bodies around here who can help you over any speed-bumps. 

Thanks. 😉 Good to know. I will keep the faith.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Guru Bob said:

Just adding my voice. "Save attachments" is a critical feature for me, that I have used throughout my time with Evernote (5 years now). I will have to reconsider how I work with the app.

On 5/4/2021 at 11:39 AM, DTLow said:

As noted "Save Attachments" is missing from Evernote's v10 product    

You can download all the attachments (images, pdfs etc) from a note in Windows V10 by right clicking the body of the note and choosing "save attachments".

image.png.aa7b950296a6e39d73f67f09a36e1dab.png

• Like 2
On 5/12/2021 at 8:16 AM, Mike P said:

You can download all the attachments (images, pdfs etc) from a note in Windows V10 by right clicking the body of the note and choosing "save attachments".

image.png.aa7b950296a6e39d73f67f09a36e1dab.png

This does address the OP's concern; however, you also used to be able to select multiple notes and save all the attachments across all the notes with one click. I don't believe that functionality is back (yet). If I have 50 business expense receipts for a trip, each scanned in with Scannable into a single note, I now have to open 50 notes and save each receipt one at a time (like 4 clicks per receipt). 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
16 minutes ago, PuzzleGuy said:

This does address the OP's concern; however, you also used to be able to select multiple notes and save all the attachments across all the notes with one click. I don't believe that functionality is back (yet). If I have 50 business expense receipts for a trip, each scanned in with Scannable into a single note, I now have to open 50 notes and save each receipt one at a time (like 4 clicks per receipt). 

One reason to keep legacy around for a bit.

Has anybody any idea as to whether this features "Save Attachments in Folder" once multiple files are selected has been imported from legacy version to latest update or not? If not, any idea when this feature may become available. I am really tired of running the legacy version which sometimes causing slow performance on my MacOS!

4 hours ago, Ali Asi said:

Has anybody any idea as to whether this features "Save Attachments in Folder" once multiple files are selected has been imported from legacy version to latest update or not?

Not it hasn't. There is though a very simple work around. Select the notes and export as a single page html

image.png.15445746b974278b7ba91acac6cdc62c.png

You will then get a folder containing all the attachments (including images).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mike P. Your suggestion was very helpful. I am a bit disappointed with Evernote development team as to their latency to incorporate this feature in the latest edition of their software in a more user-friendly, intuitive and accessible manner!!!!

On 9/5/2022 at 12:35 AM, Mike P said:

Not it hasn't. There is though a very simple work around. Select the notes and export as a single page html

image.png.15445746b974278b7ba91acac6cdc62c.png

You will then get a folder containing all the attachments (including images).

Yes, I've been doing this for a while and it has solved the problem.  I used to have a folder that accumulated hundreds of pdf files and it was not practical to deal with them 50 files at a time.  After I started doing the html exports it became very easy.  I export them all to a folder on my hard drive and can then do anything I want with the files.  This does the same thing for my purposes as "save attachments" used to do.