Integrate with Todoist

Allnighter247

Idea

I would really like to have a basic integration with Todoist. For some notes, I'd like to add a Todoist container that has all of the tasks related to a specific project. I envision the integration will include:

1.  Add ability to include a specific task within a note
  2. Be able to include an entire project of tasks within a note
  3. Ability to complete tasks that are located within container 
  4. Filter by Status
  5. Add a new task

Apologies in advance if this or something of greater scope has already been suggested (like integrating with different task management apps).

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Allnighter247 said:

I would really like to have a basic integration with Todoist.

I'm not a Todoist user and process my task notes in Evernote
Can you advise on the user benefits from a Todoist integration

I export data to a spreadsheet to generate a gantt timeline view

>>integrating with different task management apps

https://support.taskclone.com/article/233-evernote-to-todoist-connection

22 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a Todoist user and process my task notes in Evernote
Can you advise on the user benefits from a Todoist integration

I export data to a spreadsheet to generate a gantt timeline view

>>integrating with different task management apps

https://support.taskclone.com/article/233-evernote-to-todoist-connection

For me, it would be more of a nice to have. I can create a project note in Evernote, and then add my related Todoist project within that note. This way I can keep all of my tasks in Todoist, but still keep track of them from Evernote within the specific note I have added the 'container.'  One issue that comes to mind for this request, is that there are a ton of task management apps out there, and probably everyone is using something different.

I'm going to check out TaskClone, and see what that is about, it sounds interesting, thank you for sharing.

I work with TaskClone and it doesn't do quite what you're looking for.  Unfortunately, Evernote tightly controls what items can be embedded and prevents dynamic information inside of notes. That said, TaskClone provides a way to get Evernote tasks into Todoist and many other task apps. 

Managing Todoist tasks from Evernote is probably not feasible, but you should be able to link to them.

Hi Allnighter247, If you are still looking to integrate Evernote with Todoist then check out Pleexy

What Pleexy could do for you is sync all your checkbox items from Evernote to Todoist. The 2-way integration allows you to complete a task in Todoist and the corresponding task in Evernote will be updated and marked as complete (and vice versa). This way you won't have to search through all your notes to find what's next on your to do list. Hope this helps :)