Two Annoying Camera Behaviors in 10.1

Upgraded to IOS 14.2.   Upgraded Evernote to 10.1 (1107121)

Do you also have this problem?  Appreciate if someone can verify:

1. Create a new note

2. Click Camera

Annoyance 1:  It is trying to do some auto scanning.  This is very annoying.  It can take multiple photos before I am ready!  How to disable as default?

3. Click the Take Photo button to turn off auto scanning

4. Orient the iPhone to a landscape orientation

5. Point the iPhone down to focus on a flat table (which has a piece of document in landscape orientation)

Annoyance 2: Right there the Evernote camera visibly switches back to Portrait mode, no matter how carefully and slowly I lower the iPhone

I am still unable to find Any Way to take a landscape photo of a document flat on table.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5

Part 1: The only workaround is to open scanning when ready. The scanner logic is too convinced it „sees“ the document, which leads to premature pictures. Compared to this other scanner apps wait a little longer, and have less false takes, without being slow.

Part 2: No easy fix. As a workaround, take the picture in portrait view and rotate it later in edit mode before uploading.

For both issues EN will only be triggered to improve when you feed the problem through a support ticket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Is this "ridiculous rotation on Android" the reason why you post in the subforum for EN v10 for iOS ?

Because the iOS in-app camera has a working rotate button, thank you.

And in practically all other aspects, the iOS subforum is pretty silent. It seems the new mobile app works pretty good on this platform. This does not mean all ideas have been implemented, but the app itself does work, and leaves no wishes to return to the old version.

I still observe a bug in the iOS version of Evernote.  I can’t take a “landscape” picture of a document in Evernote because as I point the camera toward the document on the table, it reverts to “portrait” orientation, which just means I must take the extra step of manually rotating it.

If I’m in the wrong thread on this problem, I’m sorry.