Evernote is taking features away instead of adding new features

mcncyo

My evernote file is over 4 gb inside because.  I use it to store notes and pdf files.   and been a paid subscriber since 2015 and  user since 2013.  since the new update I can't use the sendto evernote command in windows. Can't use ENScript.exe.  I need this back ASAP.  I am thinking about switch to a new program because of these issues and have at least three other people that subscribe and going to a transfer to a new program. 

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, mcncyo said:

I am thinking about switch to a new program because of these issues and have at least three other people that subscribe and going to a transfer to a new program. 

You switched to the Version 10 product
Version 10 is a new product; a work in progress, not ready for general use

I recommend using the Evernote Legacy product

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, lometogo said:

Then why are they asking us to upgrade? 

To test the initial release of the Version 10 product   
To provide feedback on features to be added

• Thanks 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yep, I did the beta testing and removed it after about a week.  I'm back to using 6.25 with no plans to upgrade until I see a lot of improvement in the new version. The import folder and sync button were the big deal-breakers for me. If I'm forced to upgrade at some point due to lack of support, and it hasn't improved I will be moving to another platform, after at least 8 years of solid use.

• 2 weeks later...

Another long-term user, I am just flabbergasted that the Evernote developers think this is what users want.

V10 is unusable to me - it's destroyed nearly everything I used to like about it. I'm back on the legacy version for as long as it's supported, but unless there is a major change in the development path, I'll be looking for an alternative.

Extremely disappointed and frustrated.

v10 for the web and android is already more fully-featured than the legacy versions. Evernote in the last 2 years has changed its entire backend infrastructure and written a whole new unified code base, while still supporting the existing apps. Progress has been phenomenal. 

• Like 3
  • 5 weeks later...

I am very disappointed in Evernotes 10 upgrade.  Just to get a Scratch Pad they have abandoned the "SENDTO" feature in Windows.  I use it or use to 15 times a day.

No manual sync either.  I am planning on going back to the 6.25 Version.

This is a JOKE!!!

Why am I paying for something that is going backwards!!!!!! Why does everyone want to be like microsoft?? I want the sync button and where the HELL is the search field? IF this is the answer, I will cancel my subscription and find a new note taking app.

Thanks EN!!!