Mac Big Sur

Go to solution Solved by Sayre Ambrosio,

• Solution
2 hours ago, writergirl5000 said:

Apple is upgrading their OS to Big Sur (Mac OS11). Is the latest version of Evernote compatible (do you expect it to be)? If not, when will you be releasing a version that is? 

The latest version and Legacy versions work with Big Sur. I've been running the beta of Big Sur for months and it's been fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1
  • Level 5
On 11/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, Sayre Ambrosio said:

Apple is upgrading their OS to Big Sur (Mac OS11). Is the latest version of Evernote compatible (do you expect it to be)? If not, when will you be releasing a version that is? 

Given that mac EN v10 is on life-support for many of us, I am definitely not going to add one more potential variable to the mix by upgrading to Big Sur! 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

On my side I am just waiting for a little more feedback about BigSur. Then I will make the switch over.

I spend enough time with v10-issues in the last weeks. I will not make my decision of the OS I want to run dependent on any software. They perform, or they are doomed.

P.S Tough talk 💪 - still have EN legacy on my Windows PC 🤓

I'm obliged to be back to the legacy version many requirements  are not developed on the new one..a nightmare!

But why the lines in the list view are so  tight each others ? do you have this problems???

It's dev difficult to read now

And the Search mode doesn't work very well, you can't add tag on the search part!

12 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

On my side I am just waiting for a little more feedback about BigSur. Then I will make the switch over.

I spend enough time with v10-issues in the last weeks. I will not make my decision of the OS I want to run dependent on any software. They perform, or they are doomed.

P.S Tough talk 💪 - still have EN legacy on my Windows PC 🤓

I tried Big Sur yesterday and for now i must say it looks nice and seams that Mac is working quicker. Also new redesigned email client is cool and must say apple notes look refreshed and kinda usable.

For we the worse is the tab & screen management...
  • No possibility to copy and paste textes and images
  • No possibility to send note by email
  • Tag not in a good place to read
  • Check box not efficients
  • No possibility to manage tab or display 2 notes in 2 screens!...I works every day with 7 tab opens!
  • No search option efficient 
  • And the display of the list mode is too tight!
There are too much no ! !!
follow this topics 
  • Thanks 1
  • Level 5

Well, but this has nothing to do with BigSur.

It is the EN v10 client, and the issues are the same as with Catalina.

AFAIK you can install and run EN legacy still with BigSur, so why bother yourself with running v10 ? Install legacy, and wait when / if they get v10 sorted out.

• Like 1

To be clear, the current latest EN is NOT yet compatible and if you upgrade it won’t work. You can’t even log in. I get simply “Service Error” when attempting to log in. Same un/pwd works fine in web and “Legacy” versions. This seems absurd but ....  Now that Big Sur is final and released, I fully expect the software I pay for the be updated to all me to use it. 

I submitted a ticket to Evernote Support regarding Big Sure compatibility. At those time Evernote is NOT officially compatible with Big Sur, which is important because if you upgrade to Big Sur and have problems, Evernote would not support you. I expect that once they finish testing and officially support BIg Sur, the following article will be updated to reflect that:  https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012107027-Operating-system-requirements-for-Evernote

• Thanks 2
  • Level 5

Funny - first the rush an update that is not ready for launch, and then it shows they have not thought about getting ready for the next MacOS release.

Oh, well, BigSur fell out of thin air last week, I assume 😳

Hope that legacy works when I upgrade my OS later this week.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 8:10 PM, kmajor@me.com said:

To be clear, the current latest EN is NOT yet compatible and if you upgrade it won’t work. You can’t even log in. I get simply “Service Error” when attempting to log in. Same un/pwd works fine in web and “Legacy” versions. This seems absurd but ....  Now that Big Sur is final and released, I fully expect the software I pay for the be updated to all me to use it. 

It’s compatible. The error you are getting is on Evernote’s back end. I got it in legacy too but it fixed quickly. 

• Like 1