[Feature Released in Version 10.6] Restore Share Notes via Email

CareyD

Idea

Hi,

We lost this feature in the latest Windows and iOS versions, and it was very useful.  

It is described in the old versions here:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313328

Without that feature, if we don't want to send a link to our note, and we just want a share of the note at a point in time, now we have to do a multi-step copy and paste into our email app, set a title, and send from the email app.  It worked great before 10. 

Please consider restoring this feature (and to iOS, too, which also lost the feature).

Thank you

• Like 1

14 replies to this idea

I have to second this thought.  I use this feature constantly in my work environment.  While it will work for me to send a link, it is more likely that I will cut and paste into an email just as user CareyD suggests, and this is a time waster. This is a feature that I would like to see returned.  Thank you.

Hello Jack,  I just want to make sure that this feature will be restored exactly (or better) than it was before.

ie.

1: email a copy of the note contents from all platforms (macOS, iOS, etc.)

2: configurable 'from' field, ie. not from a do-not-reply@evernote email address.

(if you want to somehow brand the note contents I don't mind a default text line saying 'delivered to you by Evernote' - that can be deleted .. in a similar fashion as the iPhone mail program sticks a 'sent from xxx iPhone' at the bottom, that can be deleted or configured...)

Thank you for listening,

Robin

12 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

Hi @robinrobin, re #1- confirmed. You will be able to email a copy of the note from all clients/platforms.

Re #2, are you sure you can configure the "from" field on the legacy clients? Want to make sure I'm not missing something.

100%.  From my iPhone it still works. I send an email and it is from what I configured.   Why are you calling it 'legacy?'  The functions that have been deleted are not 'old fashioned' .. they are part of what made Evernote so amazing.  These functions are 100% relevant.  I saw a comment about evernote wanting to be like dropbox -- but dropbox is only one thing. It is to store files and to share files with people. It is not a workflow product, it is not a realtime tool for workflow.  I think it is great to add dropbox like features, but not at the expense of deleting what makes evernote so powerful.  

If you want me to email you a note from my iPhone I can... here is a screenshot from sending a note from evernote on my phone:

I sent it to: robinlittlefield@gmail.com...  that is all I entered.. the note was sent to me and the from reply to field is: robinlittlefield@yahoo.com that I have configured. No mention of evernote in the note.

ALSO: one more thing I just noticed. I added new notes with the text that I sent you about the function issues. I tried to change the folder. Now that button says (go to that folder) ?? This is super odd, this is not where one would click to change folders!!!!  Now the change the folder you click to the right of it... but instead of it dropping down the list of your folders, it opens a new window and then you have to select your folder. This is adding an entire new step -- where before it was super fast now it is clumsy and slow and adds unnecessary steps.  The 'legacy' was streamlined .... 🙂

Thank you!

Robin

Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 3.30.19 PM.png

10 minutes ago, Jack Lynch said:

Hi @robinrobin, re #1- confirmed. You will be able to email a copy of the note from all clients/platforms.

Re #2, are you sure you can configure the "from" field on the legacy clients? Want to make sure I'm not missing something.

To my recollection, I only had a CC field where I could have it copy me or someone else. I could not change the from address.  The from address (or at least the "reply-to" was set to my email from my Evernote account subscription. 

Thanks

6 minutes ago, CareyD said:

To my recollection, I only had a CC field where I could have it copy me or someone else. I could not change the from address.  The from address (or at least the "reply-to" was set to my email from my Evernote account subscription. 

Thanks

I configured this initially in 2012 ... and have never looked at it again. Maybe it always just used the evernote account email address -- I thought I remembered having to confirm it would use this address, but I could be wrong.  BUT .. it still works on my iPhone app that I have not updated for a year or so.

Absolutely essential to be able to email notes.  Feature taken away on new Mac version.  I see the web version has actually improved in that you can directly email a note instead of having to be forced through the work chat feature.

Now, if I want to share a note (totally discount work chat feature as you can't assume the rest of the world has Evernote, and I don't want them collaborative editing my stuff), the only way to do it is to cut and paste.

20 hours ago, kweirman said:

I see the web version has actually improved in that you can directly email a note instead of having to be forced through the work chat feature.

That's interesting. Could you outline how to do it because I'm not seeing it at the moment. Thanks.