Printing to PDF (Various PDF 'Printers') does not print the full note

Hi,

I have various notes that I have to print out and distribute to people who do not use Evernote.

Ever since upgrading to V10 of Evernote when I print a note to a 'PDF Printer' the whole note does not get printed to the PDF document - basically only the first page of a note, any everything else is cut off. 

If I open a note in a separate window and scroll to the bottom of a note then print it will print the note contents that are on the screen and miss the top section out.

I have multiple PDF printers installed on my machine, and each one yields the same result - and they work on other software without issued (and used to with the earlier version of Evernote therefore it seems to be a bug with the new V10).

• Level 5*

Hi.  If you extract the PDF files to your desktop and print/ distribute from there,  you should see the full content.  Most missing features in Evernote 10 will -probably- come back in due course.  Meantime there's always the legacy version...

• Evernote Expert

The note printing in Evernote 10.x is very poor. Pagination is non-existent. If you need to print then, as @gazumped says, stick with the legacy version. You can have both installed alongside one another. I switch between them both to ensure I can work effectively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry guys, but this should be the answer - using old version for printing?? I also tried to print my note yesterday - not only that some content was missing (last paragraph or so from note), but also last line on some pages was cut in half and upper portion of the line was on one paper, the other one on the next page (which makes it completely unreadable). 

Your answer to this is, that I should install old version of Evernote? I can tell you, which application I can use for printing of my notes: OneNote.

Don't get me wrong, I love Evernote, I'm using it daily - but printing functionality simply sucks. Older version was better only in a sense that it was working, but printing was still far weaker than printing in competitors' apps.

Hello

I am having the same issues. When I print to PDF, the content is cut off, the pagination sucks, bottom lines are usually cut off. I can print the same note five times, and the content will be cut off in five different places!!!

Is Evernote not working on these types of things? I submitted a ticket to support, and they said that the expectation is an answer in 10 days.

I am not understanding the fix that a few people mentioned (which is not really a fix). What legacy version? How do I go back to an older version? You mean I can install two versions of Evernote (I am on a Mac)? And if so, does the sync and database work seemlessly?

• Level 5*
47 minutes ago, kzuk said:

Is Evernote not working on these types of things?

Yes

You mean I can install two versions of Evernote (I am on a Mac)?

Yes

And if so, does the sync and database work seemlessly?

So far...

49 minutes ago, kzuk said:

How do I go back to an older version?

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote

I am so thankful for the information on how to go back to the Legacy Version.   I NEED full .pdf functionality, conversion & annotation, printing, etc.  This is a make or break feature for me.  If EVERNOTE is not going to fix these issues, I will have to drop Premium and find another App.  The new Version has simply destroyed the functionality of EVERNOTE!

Agree: printing in Evernote 10.4.3 on a Macbook is poor. The end of pages doesn't get printed and there is no preview function. This, along with the inability to back up all notes, is a step backwards. 

Evernote developers: please sort out the printing and provide a means of backing up all notes and, importantly, selected notebooks. 

I have been a user of Evernote for 10 years and have 6.5k notes.

I Have recently upgraded to the latest version of Evernote and I have to say I am disappointed with the print or save PDF. I send dozens of PDFs everyday from evernote, I print them as pdfs to a post office folder and then I attach them to emails.

It used to work a treat with earlier versions but now I just get a fraction of the A4 sheet I'm trying to send. I can't seem to find a way to change this.

For now I am using the Legacy version alongside the latest version as a workaround.  It is very poor from Evernote and I hope that this is something that they are working on. I'm no expert but it doesn't appear to be that complicated.

As of today and v10.4.4, printing is still a problem. There are still no print options, including the ability to include author, date created and date update, which I use for work for audit compliance and form versioning. This a major negative for me and, if it isn't restored (along with reverting to fewer clicks to accomplish some tasks), it may eventually be an ap killer for me. I am a 10 year premium user with almost 20k notes.

I usually print to PDF, so at least I'm not wasting paper to find out that my doc is unusable. That said, as of today, prints are splitting an image in half (part on two pages), margins are ultra narrow (I like a narrow margin, but what I'm seeing often leads to the image splitting issue), prints a vertical line where the cursor is sitting, and cuts off the top half of the title.

I will say that the fonts are printing true to size, so it has that going for it. In the previous incarnation the font would shrink to micro size and I could only get things to print at a barely big enough to be readable. The downside is, now I have to resize fonts or reformat all my printable docs... Thankfully that's not all 20k of them

As a wish list item, along with getting back all previous preferences, I'd love to see the option of page numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Please give us...

A. "Print setup" so we can configure margins etc.

B. The ability to generate a proper PDF with selectable text, etc. (vs. one giant image)

C. An option (not a requirement) to break images across pages during output 

D. The ability to insert a page break

• 2 months later...

I am using evernote 10.6.9 on MAC and... I am tired of all the bugs after so much years :( 

All last images of my notes are CUT OFF when I print them as PDF!!! And there is no other way to export a note as PDF! WHy???

This is so annoying and even more when you see the price of the subscription. I really think this is the last time I renew! This issue is now running since november 2020 and nothing as been made to fix it :(