How do I rollback to a localized version of Evernote? And, download ALL of my data?

OK, I just installed the new version of Evernote, only to find that all my records now appear to exist ONLY in the cloud.

And that worries the HELL out of me since Evernote appears to be in a constant state of financial difficulty.

Is it possible to roll back to a prior version, and, probably more critical, how do I safeguard my data so that when Evernote goes belly-up on a random Monday morning, I can import my data into another application?

Thanks in Advance

• Level 5*
31 minutes ago, TheMagicWombat said:

all my records now appear to exist ONLY in the cloud

Your local data still exists; both in the legacy database and in the new version 10 database

>>Is it possible to roll back to a prior version   

You can install the Legacy software at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

>>how do I safeguard my data

I backup my data using the export feature   
I use html format in daily incremental and weekly full exports

>>Evernote appears to be in a constant state of financial difficulty ... when Evernote goes belly-up on a random Monday morning

Where are you getting this information; do you have any legitament sources

23 minutes ago, DTLow said:

The export feature now requires you to highlight individual records. And maxes out at 50.

At least in Windows.

Evernote is trying to prevent people from switching. NEVER a good sign when a company tries locking in users. 

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, TheMagicWombat said:

The export feature now requires you to highlight individual records. And maxes out at 50.

I still use the Legacy product - no selection limit

The Version 10 product allows export by notebook - no limit

7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I still use the Legacy product - no restriction

The Version 10 product allows export by notebook - no limit

You may wish to actually try doing it in 10. If you highlight a notebook, it assumes you are exporting the first note. If you highlight ALL the notes you want to export, you hit the 50 cap.

I'm not the first to comment on this. If you can find a way to export a full notebook with say... 155 notes, please post it as it would save a lot of other people grief.  

• Level 5*
3 minutes ago, TheMagicWombat said:

If you can find a way to export a full notebook with say... 155 notes, please post it as it would save a lot of other people grief.

Screenshot is from my Mac889345933_ScreenShot2020-11-10at9_11_05AM.png.8a72981f04349bbfeee70c2219423bc5.png

I click the ... opposite the notebook
Export Notebook is at the bottom of the menu

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, TheMagicWombat said:

Now, is there any way to download your entire database at one time, or are you limited to each export only pulls 1 notebook?

As I said, I'm still using the Legacy product
It supports full database exports

Warning: Large .enex files may cause a problem when importing
Warning: The export function does not include a full set of metadata; Notebook and Note-Id are missing

9 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As I said, I'm still using the Legacy product
It supports full database exports

Warning: Large .enex files may cause a problem when importing
Warning: The export function does not include a full set of metadata; Notebook and Note-Id are missing

God, this turkey just gets worse and worse...

What is their purpose in NOT exporting the Notebook and Note-Id?

• Like 1

I have same issue here. The legacy version could be downloaded from here, it could be temporary but not for a final solution.

(for data backup purpose) Anyway the support provided the following promise :

As I've checked, currently we are working on the export notes feature from Evernote. Although I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it.

As I know the GDPR is grant the rights of users for "Data Portability" so I guess they just accidentally removed this function... 😄

• Level 5

You can still export your data. It is somewhat restricted with the new client (50 notes per run, or (!) a complete notebook). You can install legacy at least for a while, with unrestricted export features. 

This fulfills data portability completely - you can always take your data, for backup or to switch services.

Local notebooks are gone, and if you follow EN communication about the new clients, they will not return.

On 11/10/2020 at 11:22 AM, DTLow said:

Your local data still exists; both in the legacy database and in the new version 10 database

>>Is it possible to roll back to a prior version   

You can install the Legacy software at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314?fbclid=IwAR2TNqp-eGRH3Ds8Vfu-CiKPjYolJzZ_keR9eWQaDahJ2GN-7hwn595zI8w&__s=bsetfdgzirbvqtopurph

>>Evernote appears to be in a constant state of financial difficulty ... when Evernote goes belly-up on a random Monday morning

Where are you getting this information; do you have any legitament sources

I've tried three times and the download of the legacy installer failed each time