[Fixed in Version 10.2] Unable to copy/duplicate/move a Shared Note

Go to solution Solved by Shane D.,

I apologize if this was covered previously, but with the new update we are unable to move notes from one notebook to the next via the Evernote app on our phones. The 'move note' is grayed out rendering it useless. Also, we are continuously having problems in the phone app, and occasionally on our desktop, viewing the contents of a specific note. We are able to click on it, but are unable to see any information within the note. Force quitting the app doesn't help, neither has uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Is anyone else having issues with this??

A process of elimination has led me to understand that this seems to be a problem only with 'Shared Notebooks'. I am able to move Notes into other personal notebooks but not into Notebooks shared with me.

I get this error message "You need permission to move notes into this notebook" It is not clear how the Owner of the destination Notebook grants this required permission.

I used the iOS 10.1 version for the first time tonight on my iPad (Air 2). I’ve used Evernote for the past 8 years and tonight was the first time I’ve ever had a new note just disappear after I’d spent an evening collating some research for a new project. The app crashed after I added a weblink and didn’t show up again.

I've checked all the usual things but the note just seems to have vanished.. this is unforgivable in my opinion and I’m now looking for an alternative solution as I’ve lost all confidence!

very sad...

• Like 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Version 10.1] Unable to copy/duplicate/move a Shared Note
  • Level 5

Hi All,

I've modified the title of this thread to better reflect the issue.

This is a known issue, and is something that we're working quickly to address.

I'll be follow-up here as soon as I have an update.

If you experience this issue, please post on this thread.

19 hours ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I've modified the title of this thread to better reflect the issue.

This is a known issue, and is something that we're working quickly to address.

I'll be follow-up here as soon as I have an update.

If you experience this issue, please post on this thread.

+1, Having the same greyed out shared notebooks, which I could access before the update .Having the owner removing me from the notebook and adding again, solved it per notebook, but now I got double notebook entries and for some I now have even multiple notebooks in the stack. . CLicking 1 highlights both, so it's exactly the same notebook, just being displayed twice or multiple times for some. Online all looks fine, so seems to be a sync issue. Tried to find a sync force but unsuccesfull

• Shane D. changed the title to Fixed in Version 10.2] Unable to copy/duplicate/move a Shared Note
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Fixed in Version 10.2] Unable to copy/duplicate/move a Shared Note
  • Shane D. unpinned this topic