I should have never ever upgraded from v.6 to v.10 :(

• Level 5

Thanks for sharing ... share is not working for me.

I think nobody is happy with rel.10. The updates so far have improved the usability, but I have decided to stick with legacy for a while. Too many things still missing, like support for my ix500, send note as email, import folders etc.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Thanks for sharing ... share is not working for me.

It worked fo rme.

4 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The updates so far have improved the usability,

Not for me. I now cannot open attachments or drag and drop notes into notebooks (both reported elsewhere)

Came here to see if there were some basic fixes to the disaster that is v10.

New version doesn't start automatically in Win10 -- no big deal right?

Too bad they took out the tools->preferences-> option box to change basic settings.   Can't adjust the behavior on double clicking the tray icon to open the program, I have to right click and go open. (slower)

Whoever green lit this release needs to be dropped a few pegs in the organization.

I'd be way wayyyyy more PO'd if I was paying for it as well. 

• Like 2

Regarding point number 2 "My screenshot hot-key is gone." in your list of issues

Use ctrl+alt+H to bring up the Evernpte Helper to bring up the Quick Note window; at the bottom left of this window there's a "scree" icon, click on that to geta screen clipper cursor to allow you to clip the screenshot you want and ut'll create a Note of that clip for you.

Agreed. Version 10 is a large step in the wrong direction. Seems they've lost touch with their customers' usage and feature requirements. 

Now they're behind the 8 ball attempting to salvage their shrinking user base. 

• Like 2

Just went back to legacy as well.
No access to preferences is app-killing nonsense.
Having red squiggles under every note that is in a different language is ridiculous.

Give us all the functionality of the old version before you pretend this is an upgrade.

Me too, back to Legacy. Since I integrate EN into my business ($140M with 410 people), I simply can't use v10 due to speed, lack of features, slow use, slow sync. Frankly, I'm concerned if EN can remain my solution into the future since they describe Legacy as a "temporary solution".

• Like 2

I just downloaded version10 and reverted back to version 6.25

I am concerned about the viability of Evernote in my workflow since 6.25 will be retired at some point. 

What's crazy is that with this release the helpdesk is saying it will take 2 weeks to respond to email requests. And there is no chat option. I am on my own to read Evernote's mind in figuring out if my required features are missing or placed somewhere else. If I have to relearn a whole new app, I might as well relearn the app of a trillion dollar company. 

• Like 1

Just adding my two cents here. The new upgrade is terrible. I've used Evernote for years and this is probably the worst upgrade I've ever seen. Simple tasks are now taking twice as long, going to go back to the earlier version and will start looking at other options if these numerous issues aren't fixed. My latest hang-up: clicking on "shortcut" hide the note list so I can't see the other notes related to the shortcut I clicked on. And I see no way of changing that setting. Sigh...

• Like 3

I've used Evernote for over nine years. I was a part of the beta for v10, and I kept telling the rep that I must have a bad install file. So much stuff was missing, my installation could not be correct. I felt like there was never a great understanding of my concerns, or it always came back to "this is only a beta." Which begs the question, why beta test anything that isn't close to final. I couldn't use the beta version to actually work, so I completely missed the lack of font selection in the editing toolbar, a basic feature which is available even in this forum. I really was surprised earlier this week when I installed v10. I don't know about the other beta testers, but my displeasure was clear. Sorry ya'll; I tried.

Thank you for sharing the link to the "legacy" version. I've switched back to it (GREAT!), as the new version is missing a lot of basic things that I use regularly in my workflow. In case Evernote will continue with this approach to v10, I will seriously look for alternatives. The product in the new version is not working for me anymore.

Not sure if you all remember TuneUp Media (the program that would clean up your MP3 collection and add tags and artwork, etc), but this reminds me of them.  They came out with a "big" 3.0 update and everything feel apart.  For them, I think EVERY customer had problems with the release. People were losing years of work and data.  It was bad bad bad.  It got so bad they ended up selling the company to some of the employees.  I'm not sure they ever pulled through it.  Very interested case study and read though (but painful experience for those of us who went through it): https://www.networkworld.com/article/2224351/when-bad-things-happen-to-good-apps--part-1.html

I tried 10.x. Tried it a bunch. But wow, it's just not feature-rich enough, nor performant enough, to be my go-to Evernote. Back to Legacy for me.

I hope Evernote uses the time they've bought with Legacy to bring the 10.x version into competitive range of their own 6.x offering.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

didn't realize i had 10x on one computer and 6x on another, but finally realized the 10x was 'different' and lame. have now put 6x on it, and it's so much better.

i mean on 10x you can't easily search within a notebook, wtf? something i do many times a day.

evernote, don't know your product managers but they haven't done a good job with this 'upgrade' i'm afraid, and i'm all for going forward in most cases and not one of those "it was better in the old days" types.

thanks to this thread for allowing me to get to the 6x installer.