Bug: Note count in shortcuts does not update from 1->0 (EN 10.3.6-10.5.7)

The note count does not update in shortcuts if we delete or move notes. The counter stays the same. Update can only be forced be restarting client or collapsing and opening the shortcuts. Confirmed bug since 10.3.6 until 10.5.7 - Please fix.

• Alxa changed the title to Bug: New note count does not update in shortcuts (EN 10.3.6)
13 hours ago, Alxa said:

The new note count does not update in shortcuts if we delete or move notes. The counter stays the same. Update can only be forced be restarting client or collapsing and opening the shortcuts. Please fix.

Mine seems to update OK

It works with any note count higher than one. But... Having one note left for example in inbox (in shortcuts notebook inbox says =1). Move this note to another notebook: short cut "inbox" still says 1 without change. Notebook inbox in the notebook section correctly says "0". I can reproduce this all the time. Weird (EN 10.3.6 Windows).

21 hours ago, Alxa said:

It works with any note count higher than one. But... Having one note left for example in inbox (in shortcuts notebook inbox says =1). Move this note to another notebook: short cut "inbox" still says 1 without change. Notebook inbox in the notebook section correctly says "0". I can reproduce this all the time. Weird (EN 10.3.6 Windows).

Aha! Well spotted!

I have just experimented with this in the latest v10.3.7 release that appeared on my PC this morning and moving  the single note in a folder to anther notebook  correctly updates the original location's count to zero.

Perhaps this was a fix between 10.3.6 and 10.3.7?

4 hours ago, Alxa said:

I checked this. It does update in notebooks section but not in the counter within shortcuts section. It stays 1.

Agreed - if a notebook is in the Shortcuts section and you remove the last note from the notebook, the count doesn't decrease to zero. Definitely an annoying little bug!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alxa changed the title to Bug: Note count does not update when 1->0 in shortcuts (EN 10.3.6-10.4.4)

With 10.4.4 still not addressed. As EN staff obviously does not care much about out reports here I just started a bug report ticket. Let's see how long it will last to squeeze this little bug. Fun fact: shared code base = shared bug base: The same bug was freshly introduced with Evernote Web 10.5.1. We have to get used to +1 feature equals +1 bug?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alxa changed the title to Bug: Note count in shortcuts does not update from 1->0 (EN 10.3.6-10.5.7)