When I hit ENTER, goes to Checklist instead of CheckBOX which I wanted?

This is SO frustrating... I want checkboxes, yet when I put a checkbox in and hit enter it changes it and everything above it to a checkLIST. SO SO frustrating can anyone help? It's so frustrating that I'm looking into not using evernote anymore if I can't fix it, and looking into better note apps. Sucks bc I loved evernote but this is just not acceptable, I've spent an HOUR of my morning trying to fix this and I can't. 

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2020 at 7:35 PM, calamita said:

What is the difference between check boxes and check lists?  They seem to function the same to me.

Thanks!

Hi @calamita
The difference is that the check boxes which I have always used before is not effecting the text in any way or form. It only changes the box from unchecked to checked. In that way I used it for e.g. to create lists of books I have read and not yet read. 

The Checklist is changing the text when the box is checked so that the text gets "strikedthrough" which makes it really hard to see the text which I and visibly many others find very irritating. Now that it is converting all my previous checkboxes to checklist as soon as I edit and press enter it makes it hard for me to use the feature as I am intending to use the service and as I am paying for. 

Hope that clarified.