Missing/deleted notes and trash? Please help

michaelmccallum

Idea

Hi everyone

A copy of a support request I sent is below:

Key notes that I have been updating for 4+ years have been automatically deleted (not by me - sole access to my devices) along with my trash.

This happened about 3 or 4 days and was on top of the same disappearing notes not synching across devices.

I have run through all of the work around without any success - I am sincerely hoping there is a back up of my notes on the EN server.

Evernote - seriously a 10 day turn around?

Hello - long time premium user but at this rate I wont be much longer.

I have quite a few notes that have disappeared along with my trash - some of the notes are running  notes that go back more than 4 years so you can understand my frustration. One for example is Weekly SM running sheet and I update this every day.

I have done all of the suggested things to recover the notes and its nowhere to be found along with my Trash.  I did not delete either item and would like a full restore please.

Disappearing notes goes to the heart of your promise and I'd hope this is a one and only occurrence.

Lastly the new version of EN is horrible - the UI is very unintuitive - you cant find the sync button and even the minimise/maximise option has to be manually added, seriously? Please for the love of all things holy don't do gratuitous changes like this.

3 replies to this idea

No idea but al I know is that ever since Evernote released an update every few days the problems started. I ended up finding my disappearing notes but that was with no help from EN - their support function is an oxymoron. Please stop releasing a new version every 5 minutes

• Level 5

V10 was released with a lot of features missing. Updates are the way to get them back, and there is appr. one update per platform every 6 weeks. This is pretty good in terms of release management, but still slow if you look at the list of still missing items. Beside features they do squeeze some bugs as well.

“Stopping Updates“ is probably the last thing EN should do - what is needed are working releases without unwanted surprises.