Evernote notes and databases missing?

I underwent surgery about the same time EN 10.17 was installed and today was the first time I had to look at it.  I think I have two problems.  If they are addressed elsewhere, please feel free to refer me - I didn't spot anything that looked like them. 

1.  I have the Windows desktop program installed.  I can see the list of notebooks and tags on the left, a list of the notes in the next column with each showing the title and the first 2 lines of the note content, however, when I click on a note to see the detail on the right side of the screen, all the notes are empty.  All that shows is the notebook and the last date edited.  This appears to be the case on all of my thousands of notes.

2.  The same notes on the EN website do show the detailed note content, however, any Excel or Word "databases" that are attached to the note don't give me the option to open them.  I can only Save or Rename.  I normally use the desktop program so I'm not really familiar with how the website works, but if the spreadsheets, documents, etc. are stored within Evernote, why don't they just open?  Do I need to download all of them?  If so where?  (I did check to see that the User/Evernote/Databases/Attachments file still shows on my computer, though not all the attachments are listed.)

Please let me know if I need to provide any other info.  I'm not sure where to start.  Thank you!

• Level 5*
38 minutes ago, flame1carol said:

EN 10.17 was installed

I trust an Evernote user will respond with assistance

Just so you know, EN 10 is a work in progress, and not ready for general use   
I recommend installing and using the Legacy version. The download site is https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote