Delete notes with a specific tag

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

HI,

I use Evenote in combination with other services like MindManager. When a task is completed then MindManager tags the related note in Evernote as "Completed".

There is any way to automate Evenote (or an external service with API) to delete notes tagged as "Completed"?

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Velectro said:

There is any way to automate Evenote (or an external service with API) to delete notes tagged as "Completed"?

I use Evernote Legacy on a Mac; it's integrated with Applescript   
I can use a script to automate the deletion

Personally I don't delete completed tasks   
Tagged as completed works for me

• Level 5*
  • Solution
54 minutes ago, Velectro said:

or an external service with API

Hi.  Have a look at Filterize - it can scan your account for things like a 'deleted' tag and take actions accordingly.

Like @DTLow though,  I don't delete completed tasks - I'd use Filterize to move them to an archive stack.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Velectro said:

HI,

I use Evenote in combination with other services like MindManager. When a task is completed then MindManager tags the related note in Evernote as "Completed".

If you can't find one it is easy enough to use a text expander like AutoHotKey to emulate

1. Search for tag:Completed
  2. Ctrl+A to highlight the list
  3. Delete

Not that hard to do it manually every so often either....  The search can be put on the shortcuts bar.

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have a look at Filterize - it can scan your account for things like a 'deleted' tag and take actions accordingly.

Like @DTLow though,  I don't delete completed tasks - I'd use Filterize to move them to an archive stack.

Thanks Gazumped, this is the kind of solution I was looking for.  Unfortunately I do not know why I’m not able to connect Evernote account with Filterzie.  Will send them a request of support.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2020 at 5:12 PM, gazumped said:

Thanks a lot it worked.

• Like 1