Cannot right-click notes/notebooks/stacks

Is this normal that you cannot right-click in the menu in the new version of Evernote or am I experiencing some type of bug?

Things like renaming a notebook or moving a stack to shortcuts (where the only way is draggin it over to shortcuts) are now much less accessible than they were before. As for moving the stacks, when you have many notebooks/stacks and the stack you want to move is at the bottom, this becomes a pretty tedious task when you have to hold it on that small place at the top which makes the menu scroll.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ditto, Mizumaky. I'm having the same issues after the recent update.

• Many hotkeys I used to use regularly no longer work ... examples:
    • F2 key (Rename notebooks/stacks)
    • Alt + Shift + D (Insert Date)
    • Ctrl + Shift + M  (Decrease Indentation)
    • Ctrl + B ... can't even BOLD TEXT???
  • Evernote is also functioning more slowly overall ... experiencing major lag while typing

Everything was working great before the update (note: I'm using Windows 10*)

Would appreciate a response from the Evernote team ... something is definitely wrong here.

Thanks!

Sami

• 3 weeks later...

Also a Windows 10 Evernote  client user here having a similar, if note the same issue. 

Before I was able to right click a stack and create a new notebook under that specific stack. 

Now nothing shows up after a right click. Anyone? 

On 12/14/2020 at 12:53 AM, ANDYY said:

Also a Windows 10 Evernote  client user here having a similar, if note the same issue. 

Before I was able to right click a stack and create a new notebook under that specific stack. 

Now nothing shows up after a right click. Anyone? 

Following... same issue

Ditto,

I have been an Evernote user for ages, and this current change with its apparently removal of just basic abilities like right clicking is incomprehensible. I can understand it when Evernote adds new functionality, but removing essential stuff like right-clicking just doesn't make sense.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, gregbyrne said:

I have been an Evernote user for ages, and this current change with its apparently removal of just basic abilities like right clicking is incomprehensible. I can understand it when Evernote adds new functionality, but removing essential stuff like right-clicking just doesn't make sense.

Renaming is done in the Notebook panel,  not in the sidebar208743936_ScreenShot2020-12-21at21_56_58.png.e7931cb1014ed8be70de8482d0b1a359.png
Click on the notebook icon to open the Notebook panel
This is where you right-click on a notebook
or click on the ... at the right side of the panel

1 hour ago, ANDYY said:

DTLow, your screenshot is a great example, now, our problem were "right clicking does not bring up the supposedly manual as shown on your SS". 

The alternative to right clicking is to use the three dots menu to the right of the notebook or stack.

image.png.46f8461b38a14d60b380bda9e042810f.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks DTLow! I got it to work!

The way my Evernote is configured (v6.19, Windows 10), the top-level notebooks menu in the sidebar actually says "Notebooks" in addition to the notebook icon. This is the top-level menu that you toggle to either see all your notebooks or collapse them into just the menu name "Notebooks." When you LEFT-click where it says "Notebooks" in the sidebar, it then brings up a list of all your notebooks on the right. The notebook names in this list are then right-clickable.

Kind of a clunky way to rename Notebooks, but it does work.