Scannable zoom in cropping mode broken

I'm experiencing a bug in Scannable while cropping images. Normally there is a zoom bubble to help with fine tuning while cropping at the top of the screen. After my recent iOS update that bubble now displays black only. I'll list my setup's details bellow.

• iPhone Xs
  • iOS v14.1
  • Scannable v2.4 (1529)

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

Scannable was AFAIK purchased off the shelf by EN some time ago, and never really got integrated into the app. It never was a great scanner, and I could never find a unique ability that would make me use it. I sometimes doubt that anybody who originally developed it is still with EN today.

The current trend at EN is clearly to integrate scanning into the app itself. You can directly create a new note in scanning mode, and can add new scans to a note by hitting the blue + button at any time. I doubt that Scannable will get a rework job, so probably you should think about moving to other scanners instead of sticking with it.

A good solution in the free segment is Office Lens by Microsoft, in the paid segment I am a fan of ScannerPro. The EN capabilities and integration of ScannerPro is in fact better than everything Scannable offers.

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

in the paid segment I am a fan of ScannerPro. The EN capabilities and integration of ScannerPro is in fact better than everything Scannable offers.

Scannable works well for me, generating pdfs of scanned images    
It's integrated with Evernote and generates pdfs    
No OCR, but It's free

15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Scannable was AFAIK purchased off the shelf by EN some time ago, and never really got integrated into the app. It never was a great scanner, and I could never find a unique ability that would make me use it. I sometimes doubt that anybody who originally developed it is still with EN today.

The current trend at EN is clearly to integrate scanning into the app itself. You can directly create a new note in scanning mode, and can add new scans to a note by hitting the blue + button at any time. I doubt that Scannable will get a rework job, so probably you should think about moving to other scanners instead of sticking with it.

A good solution in the free segment is Office Lens by Microsoft, in the paid segment I am a fan of ScannerPro. The EN capabilities and integration of ScannerPro is in fact better than everything Scannable offers.

Thank you PinkElephant for your comments. Well I liked the simpleness of Scannable and the great integration into EN. But with your explained history of the roots of scannable and that it might not be further developed it seems for me a good advise of yours to change to another scanner app.

Thanks again!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@DTLow So everybody uses what fits best. In fact I had Scannable removed from my iPhone already. But then came this nice feature with iOS 14 to keep an app installed, but remove it from the active screens. So I decided to keep it, but in fact I have only used it to find out it still it that old app somehow stuck in a time warp. The list of what it can’t do compared to other apps is growing, because other apps are innovating.

But for basic scanning, ok, usable. I don’t feel it offers real benefit compared with the integrated scanner in EN.