Is there a way to preview Office documents?

CH96

I'm currently testing Evernote (Premium) and imported several documents: .pdf, .doc, etc.

When selecting a note with an attached pdf document, I can see the content of the file on the right side. However, if it's an Office file (let's say .doc), I seemingly have to open it directly in Word to view its contents.

I'm using the Windows version of Evernote. I have seen that in the version for MacOS there is an eye icon which allows you to open a preview of a file. Does this not exist in the Windows version?

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, Agnes Folaji said:

Would like to know why this feature had been eliminated for both MAC and Windows operating systems.

Hi.  The feature hasn't been 'eliminated' -for Windows users at least- because we never had this option.  Word and Excel files show as icons in my v6.25,  not as readable windows.  PDF and image files display,  everything else does not.  That said, if it's likely to be brought back for Mac, then Windows will also benefit since they're now  both part of the same basic structure. We don't yet know what's coming back,  or in what timescale or order. 

Legacy Evernote: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote