One same notebook appears duplicate

One same notebook appears duplicate.

All shown notebooks is perfectly same. They have same notes. If I change one of notebooks name, they are changed together.

Please see the screenshots.

I'm using Evernote v10.2.4 build 1949 with Korean on Windows 10.

20201106_175552.png

20201106_175709.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Same problem in 10.6.9-mac-mas-public (458440). Notebooks randomly duplicate when renamed or moved.

Tried to move the notes from duplicated notebooks to a new notebook and delete the duplicated ones. Now ALL the notebooks are missing in the sidebar of mac version (web-based is fine and I can see my notebooks there). Very annoying issue since November 2020.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 21.12.41.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally I found a workaround, uninstall evernote completely ( using IObit uninstaller or others tools). Then reinstall, it will be ok (although i also found some flaws, but not much as past).

If uninstalling it only through win10 system, it would have some cache, and the left panel would remain same.

it worked for me, maybe you can have a try.

• Evernote Expert
2 hours ago, ythaha said:

Finally I found a workaround, uninstall evernote completely ( using IObit uninstaller or others tools). Then reinstall, it will be ok (although i also found some flaws, but not much as past).

If uninstalling it only through win10 system, it would have some cache, and the left panel would remain same.

Yes, this is almost always necessary if fixing an issue by uninstall. To be absolutely sure check that the two directories are removed

%AppData%\Evernote

%LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote

1664170389_2021-04-22011243.thumb.jpg.2dfa07225cc5cf3beb9e8c872e4ad007.jpgSame issue... This is Korean version on Window 10.

I did the way you guys told removing entirely Evernote app 

and reinstalled. but still same issue.. this is so annoying. 

Please help me.

• Evernote Expert
On 4/21/2021 at 5:06 PM, sanghui said:

Please help me.

As a Premium customer you should raise a support ticket. I get duplicates of notebooks which are shared with me in the list but not of my own notebooks.

On 4/17/2021 at 7:31 PM, ythaha said:

update

same days after reinstallation, this annoying problem came back (actually reinstallation only reduced the number of duplicated notebooks, not solved this problem completely). And reload can do some help sometimes (less duplications), but duplication of notebooks also exist.

Awful bug that forced me go back to a legacy version. New client randomly duplicates notes or notebooks. You may even try to delete one and it may look working, but in fact you just moved to Trash the original note.

Not even talking about UI bugs like overlapping note names from different collapsed/expanded notebooks..

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue on Android, version Apr 28, 2021. The list of notebooks includes many duplicates, is also unresponsive when trying to use, both when trying to save a new note (select, small window) or when trying to move a note to a noteboom (full list, full window). 

Tried to do the following, but none worked:

1. Sign out, sign in again. 

2. Install on a different device, also Android. 

Screenshot_20210502-185012_Evernote.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5

How does it show on the web client ?

If it is clean there, untick the „keep data at logout“ in settings, log out of your Account and quit the app (cmd-q).

Then restart and log in again.

The alternative is to issue a support ticket. 

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, this does not work in my case. The problem is not with one browser or another, because I tried several on several devices. I even installed Evernote on new devices, and the problem (repeated name of the same folder) appeared as soon as the new installation has downloaded its dataset, during the first run. 

My guess is that the data management system used by Evernote, and in particular the part stored in their central systems (so, not on my smartphone, laptop, or tablet) includes these duplicate entries and allows any form of duplicates to exist. This is consistent with the behavior I noticed on my devices and with the function where you can save say the same webpage multiple times.

Unfortunately, I did not create the same notebook multiple times and do not like this undocumented feature. 

• Sad 1
  • Level 5

How does it look when you open the web client ? Go to Evernote.com and log in.

What you see after it loaded your notes is the server data. If it is duplicated there as well, it is duplicated in the master copy.

From there it will then spread to all clients.

If the master is corrupted, and it can’t be solved when using the web client, only EN staff will be able to help you solve it.

在 2021/6/13 在 PM2點34分, wenkai說:

Same issue on Macbook pro 2020 M1, and Text Overlap

截圖 2021-06-13 14.31.44.png

I'm try Evernote support and solve my problem

Here is my step on Macbook pro 2020 M1

1. Sign out with "Remove my Evernote data from this device"

2. Quit Evernote

3. Go to `~/Library/Containers/com.evernote.Evernote/Data/Library/Application Support/` and remove `Evernote` folder

4. Remove Evernote App

5. Restart Macbook pro (IMPORTANT)

6. Install Evernote

7. Launch Evernote and sign in 

2046044180_ScreenShot2021-09-07at17_25_15.png.fe98ccca18381fe3074208ef49b93d7f.png

• Like 1

i'm having exactly the same issue like thousand time so far TT

i'm really grateful that Evernote allow us to use their service for free but I won't upgrade my plan to paid plan unless they fix this huuuuge issue.

In my case, not just notes are duplicated. its' contents keep being duplicated over and over again. i'm hopping that Evernote put this issue in their top priority so that they can draw more paid customer...and prevent from losing those current customers.. 

19 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You could try this:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

Reinstalled. But still same issue.
Web client is ok

• 2 months later...
  • Level 5

If the procedure above does not work, it is reinstall time.

Use an app like Revo Uninstaller (Windows) to really remove all program and data components. After this, restart the PC.

Go to Evernote.com, click on download, install the new version, log in. After your account is open, let it run the initial syncing with the server first before using the app.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

If you removed all data on uninstalling, the duplicates should be gone. This is important, sometimes the uninstaller leaves data while erasing the app and settings. After this, restart the computer.

If you are sure you erased everything, contact support.

Used Revo Uninstaller PRO to totally delete Evernote-10.27.5-win-ddl-ga-3122, Regedit -delete all related evernote, re-start the computer, the duplicate of notebook problem remains, even worse, there are 12 notebook names duplicates.

Then google the question, found old version of EVERNOTE might solve the problem. After download Evernote_6.25.2.9198 from Evernote Legacy page. It uses downloaded data from server. No more duplicate notebook names in WIN. All is same at platform web, ios, Android.

Hope the next Evernote 11 version for WIN could solve this headache problem when you have more than 10K notes. 

• 4 weeks later...

Evernote support has provided a guide for me on how to work around a bug in Evernote 10 where notebooks appear to be duplicates.

Solution:
Change the "Display Language" setting in "Personal Settings" (https://www.evernote.com/PersonalSettings.action) to "English".

• Thanks 5
  • Confused 2