Make title display not editable

Don Dz

Idea

I noticed that the title behaves in some ways like a part of the body of the note in that you can navigate between the two with cursor keys or return key, and that it scrolls up like part of the note.

And yet in a new note the cursor is placed in the note body instead of the title, which causes an automatic  'Untitled" on every new note.   

Since the behavior of the title seems significantly different from before, I am suggesting that EN programmers treat it like a simple display field (non editable) rather than a separate edit field, so that end users don't have to worry anymore about what to do with the title.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

This is a confusing topic title
With the legacy versions, we saw a non-scrolling title,
an option to start in title/body,   
an option to transfer the first line to the title

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

an option to transfer the first line to the title

The second option works for me, but it seems to me like in some way the title is being treated as part of the body, more than a simple copy of the first line. 

On that basis, I am simply suggesting to get rid of the problem entirely.  I have seen the first line used as the title in some other programs, in a way that it isn't editable in the title at all, it simply reflects the first line at all times. 

Of course, this suggestion probably reflects an imperfect understanding of how the title is being treated in the new version.

I have modified the topic somewhat to clarify my intent. 

The new behaviour of the title is generally unhelpful. You mention that it scrolls with the text which doesn't help. If you hit F2 to go to the title when it is not in view it goes to the title but doesn't bring it into view. So you have to scroll or use the arrow keys. ctrl-home takes you to the top of the main body of the note but still doesn't reveal the title.

• Like 1