Open web links directly in browser

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  I use links extensively within notes, and now for every link, I have to click it to get a popup, and then I have to click the popup.  That's very annoying and unnecessary.  Can this be changed back to being able to access my links with a single click? 

I had contacted support on this issue November 6, but had no serious answer back since then 😞

Seth M. (Evernote Help and Learning) 

Nov 9, 2020, 8:22 PST 

Hi there,

My name is Seth, and I’m one of the support managers here at Evernote. I wanted to respond to your request regarding what you have been running into using the desktop version of Evernote.

We just released another update - Version 10.3 - to address more of the requests we have seen since last week’s update. At this time, please update your application [www.evernote.com/download] for access to the most recent fixes and features.

For a full list of feature updates and fixes in this version, view release notes here: [https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058361833]

While we do believe that this update will resolve many issues, should you still need to speak to an agent please reply to this email with an activity log from the device on which you are experiencing the issue [https://help.evernote.com/hc/articles/208314078] in order to expedite troubleshooting.

Sincerely,
Seth M.
Manager, Customer Support

• 1 year later...
  • Evernote Expert

On Windows left click, double left click or Ctrl+Left Click all open the link. Or I can point at the URL and the pop up window appears and I can do the two step thing.

Perhaps one of these will work for you. It's been a year since this thread was active and I think things have moved forward.

If you are still having problems let us know which version of Evernote you are using and your operating system.

• Like 1
On 9/17/2022 at 7:41 AM, bmcl26 said:

Having difficulty relicating this on my system, clicking on a URL opens the relative page in my browser as it always has

Yep - same here. I hover over the link, a little popup automatically shows, but I click the URL just one time and it opens the link right up in a browser. Painless.

• Level 5

The issue exists in the Evernote Web client, not the current desktop app. It is definitely an annoyance, one that never made the slightest sense to me, and really should have been swept away long before now. But the best way to lodge this complaint is to click on your account name in the upper left, then click Share Feedback. Which I am just off to do.

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

The issue exists in the Evernote Web client, not the current desktop app.

This is good to know - thanks. On the web version, on first click of a link in an Evernote note a new browser tab opens and I am taken to a different page that states "You are leaving Evernote", Please press Continue to go to [URL]". Then I have to click a 'Continue' button. Perhaps that button is what OP meant by link in "and then next on a link in a small popup that appears".

I guess it's not clear that OP was talking specifically about the web version. I had thought that initially OP was talking about the Desktop version and thought that perhaps initially v10 on Desktop had some behavior like that that has since been addressed.

• Level 5

Hmmm. Now that I look more carefully at the OP, I realize I may have misinterpreted it myself. In v. 10 desktop, it is indeed possible to hover the mouse over a link, which produces a popup with the link, as well as Edit and a 3-dot menu, and then one can click on that link in the popup. That does sound rather like what the OP describes. But, as you and others said, just clicking on the link in the note (even if the popup has already appeared) opens the link for me. Not sure if I've muddied the waters or cleared them up. @Marco Disseldorp, can you clarify?