[Troubleshooting] All notes appear as blank in Evernote

• Level 5

Hi All,

I've seen a some reports from users stating that all of their notes appear blank and wanted to provide some information that may help you manage the issue.

First, we are aware of this issue and are working to address it.

If you encounter this issue and this is the first time you've launched the app after updating, it may take some time for your notes to sync. Especially, if you have a larger account.

Additionally, please try quitting the app and restarting the app. Often, this will resolve the issue.

Also, if this is just affecting individual notes, and not all of your notes, please go here:

If this does not resolve the issue, please let me know on this thread.

I'll be follow-ing up here once I have updated information.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shane D. changed the title to [Troubleshooting] All notes appear as blank in Evernote

Thanks for the update. Quitting and restarting several times did not correct the issue.

The web version is still available to use and thankfully works as expected. 

v 10.2.4 build 1949 public
Editor: v111.0.14414
Service: v1.21.2
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

• Like 3

I have specific notes with no content. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps to no avail. They are also not available on the web version. Please help!!  

Also, I think Evernote should expand their individual customer service for basic members due to issues of app updates. Please respond

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As this was happening to me, my computer restarted and all notes that had had blank thumbnails (i.e. all those I created after upgrading to the latest evernote) were lost. Two days of writing work. Still hoping to resolve but imagine these notes are possibly lost permanently. If anyone has insight or possible fixes, desperate for them! The problem is ongoing with my Mac 2.4 Evernote.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am also desperate at this point.... I can search and see the note thumbnail but not the note.  It happens on the web version, Mac version (v 10.3.6 build 458376 public
Editor: v111.0.14414 Service: v1.22.6) and the phone iOS version.  I have tried deleting and reinstalling the Mac and iPhone version... signed on and off a number of times, and left them open overnight to allow for replication.  It is as if now the hard sync button is not available, the apps do not force sync for the content of the note but only the index. The most worrying part is that it also happens on the web version.  I have tried deleting the cache on the browser too but no difference.  I have also tried both chrome and Safari but still the problem persists.  

If it helps... when searching for notes and the ones that do appear in the thumbnail and the full note... then the Note menu drop down is fully actionable.  For the notes that the thumbnail is available but the note is blank... the Note menu drop down is grayed out.... so the app does not consider it has the note at all... just the index pointer to it.

This has rendered Evernote useless which has been the center of all my document creation and management.  Is there a link to a past version that does work ? 

I am willing to work with whomever at Evernote to help troubleshoot the problem.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

reply to Kionas et al, this is still the fact in 10.3.7 !! hope it gets fixed fast because this makes EN worthless !!!

Working with OSX Big Sur and EN 10.3.7 (Beta)

problem here the same as stated as above:

I am also desperate at this point.... I can search and see the note thumbnail but not the note.  It happens on the web version, Mac version (v 10.3.6 build 458376 public

I have the same problem - only preview seen on Mac, but not a note opens, terribly uncomfortable. I need to open the mobile version to see the notes. Any chance to get it fixed or the only way is to install the older version?

After a recent update, I could no longer view contents of any note.  Just title.  I had an Evernote Plus subscription.   I have had a subscription since 2011.   I began searching for Support.  Prospects were poor.   I had this forum or nothing.  If I upgraded, I would get actual Customer support.  I was in need of help, immediately, with little time to waste.   So I chose to upgrade to Evernote Premium.  As soon as I do, I learn that Customer Support is backlogged by days or worse.  So I thought , what can I do, before getting in the Queue for Support?   Well there is the usual  zero one , thing.  Shut down and restart.   Check that the installation is up to date.  Look at the activity log for hints.  I did all the above, and no fix.  Last resort, I uninstalled and reinstalled.   I read all the directions from Evernote and proceeded.  And yes, I did shut down and reboot before re installing.   When I loaded evernote again, it looked awkward, unfamiliar.  As I moved around, somewhere I get the notice that I am using "Evernote WEB".   So it seems without my choosing, I have been moved to a "web application", which means I can't do anything without an internet connection.   BAD!  For about half the year, I live where I must pay by the GB for internet service, and the service is not easily accessible or reliable.   So I don't want access to Evernote requiring a fast and reliable itnernet service with unlimited usage.    I already had issues with some of its slowness, and noticed that in spite of having a Windows 10 machine, the app was 32 bit, or at least installed like a 32 bit.  If ever the 64 bit version would be useful, it would be here.   So why don't I get the option of using the leverage of 64 bit?   Now I must rely on internet speed.  And all this follows my upgrading to Premium, only to learn I have virtually no support.    Pretty darn frustrating.  I had a lot of work to do over this Thanksgiving Holiday to use Evernote, but now I am just hosed.

Pretty frustrated.

Anyone know how I can get out of having Evernote Web? 

• Like 1

Having the same issue on Mac [version 10.4.3] to the extent that even the About box goes blank. This seems to happen when Evernote is left open for extended periods of time. I hope this will be fixed soon as its a real pain.

Blank Evernote About.jpg

Just started using EN app on my iPad.....

• Notes deleted as I added another note
  • Tried to use a template...clicked “use template” and it does not show up...for some reason when I exit the app the template shows up in a different folder and other notes delete....
  • issue when using a template on iPad app: the template shows up in another notebook and deletes notes in that notebook....seems to be a glitch with the template functionality within the EN app on iPad
  • App and iPad shut down in middle of using the app
  •  A number of glitches going on here!
  • Tried restarting ipad, deleting and reinstalling app...no help! Any ideas??

HI, 

I have been dealing with this same issue for many days, since I upgrade the application. I found that I was able to access my notes on all other devices (eg. iphone, ipad, macbook pro and samsung phone. But no matter what I tried on my WIN 10 machine all notes were blank. Also, a blank popup box would appear at times. 

Not knowing what would happen, I deleted the application from my machine and reinstalled it from the evernote website:

https://evernote.com/download/?utm_campaign=engt_web_downloadLink_WEB-45641B_v1&utm_source=evernote&utm_medium=web

Once the download and install completed, I am not able to access all notebooks and notes. Here are the app specs from About ... 

v 10.4.3 build 0 public
Editor: v112.1.14477
Service: v1.23.6

I hope this helps someone. 

L

When are you planning to fix this? You are making the tool worthless. I used it to quickly take notes, which is not possible anymore. 30th November now - have you not managed to release a bugfix within a month?

• Like 2

Uninstalled and re - downloaded and re installed again all through windows programs window 

this time 10.4 version for windows

and now it works

btw, the app installs itseunders local app data, not program files.   Peculair.  but it works.  Is not a we b app, it seems. 

I am wondering if this is still an issue to other users. I have the same issue. Though in my case I can see the thumbnail view, but I cannot see the regular note view. The only way to correct the problem is to close evernote and relaunch it. This seems to work for about 4-5 days, then the same thing happens inevitably when I need to locate a note quickly or take a new one in a meeting. It only seems to happen on my Mac, I have not experienced it yet on my iPad.

Is the correct solution, to revert back to an old release of evernote?

No I have not opened a ticket, I do not find that to have ever been helpful with intermittent issues. Typically, I get the cut and paste try this try that response. I suspect that this is a known Mac issue, and likely with enough awareness they will take a look at it.

+1 to please fix this asap. Relaunching the app works sometimes only for me, as some individual notes keep showing up empty. Also, it is really painful and totally breaks the workflow, specially given that the new EN 10.4.4 is sluggish and really slow on my mac (late 2015 macbook pro i5, 8GB RAM). And also given that there are a handful of other issues that mount over the day (already mentioned speed issues, new notes not being editable, etc., I will look for the specific threads and comments there). and end up exasperating anyone who really wants to do work.

The tool so far was really good, please bring back its usefulness! Thanks for your hard work!

Has inline viewing of pdfs been removed or just not working in the new update? This is rendering EN as virtually useless. 

Also - suffering with 'blank' notes, although the thumbnail indicates that content is there. 

How do I get the old system back as there seems to be no urgency to fix this?

I am having the same issue. I go to quickly look up a note and it is blank. It happened the other day when I was on the phone with someone and I had to quickly use the iOS app to view a note. This is happening on my older MacBook Pro and a brand new Mac mini. It has become so unreliable that I am now taking new notes in Apple Notes and giving serious thought about not renewing my Premium subscription that is due in February. 

I am having a similar issue on an older MacBook pro '13 and Catalina.  I use a scansnap scanner to create new notes in evernote.  When I scan items in, they go into a default notebook and my workflow is to then manually move the note to the appropriate notebook.  The moved note is blank, with just the title and nothing else.  If I move the note back to the original notebook, the detail is available again.

I have been having this problem for weeks now on my Mac. I can view everything on my other devices, but notes are blank on the Mac, although I can see the titles and snippets in the sidebar. It's really unbelievable that this has been going on for over a month with no apparent fix, and that I simply cannot use Evernote on my Mac and have to get out my iPad every single time to do any work. Is there an update for when there will be a fix? 

I had an issue of recurrence of the blank pages.

You will see from my note above that I earlier uninstalled and then successfully reinstalled the application and it worked. That was 10.4.3.

When I recently experienced the blank screens again, I uninstalled and reinstalled again. The application is currently behaving properly for several days. My computer is WINTEL PC running Windows 10.

v 10.4.4 build 55 public

image.png.11dde24813fd1889eb367d1dad9d0177.png

I am experiencing this issue as well.  Fixed it by uninstalling the Evernote app, redownload from the MS app Store and install, re-login and the GUI is working correctly.  I have had to do this a few times scince the latest SW update.

Hope your SW devs can fix this SW bug ASAP...a blank WYSIWYG is a FAIL!

On 12/10/2020 at 7:44 PM, LonnieSandersIII said:

I had an issue of recurrence of the blank pages.

You will see from my note above that I earlier uninstalled and then successfully reinstalled the application and it worked. That was 10.4.3.

When I recently experienced the blank screens again, I uninstalled and reinstalled again. The application is currently behaving properly for several days. My computer is WINTEL PC running Windows 10.

v 10.4.4 build 55 public

image.png.11dde24813fd1889eb367d1dad9d0177.png

I have the same issue.  I use the 3 col. view and I can see the Note and it's first few lines in the Middle Column, but the note itself Left Column is blank.  This has happened to me 3 times in the last week.  I can't predict when it will happen. When I quit EN and then restart I can see the note in the right column.  Running MacMini BigSur 11.0.1 with EN 10.4.4 Build 2096.954272282_ScreenShot2020-12-13at8_09_09AM.thumb.png.372bdc7a9da412240adddc310bdcbbb0.png

Just now, sqcpro said:

I have the same issue.  I use the 3 col. view and I can see the Note and it's first few lines in the Middle Column, but the note itself Left Column is blank.  This has happened to me 3 times in the last week.  I can't predict when it will happen. When I quit EN and then restart I can see the note in the right column.  Running MacMini BigSur 11.0.1 with EN 10.4.4 Build 2096.954272282_ScreenShot2020-12-13at8_09_09AM.thumb.png.372bdc7a9da412240adddc310bdcbbb0.png

Sorry for the dyslexia - the blank EN is in the right column - as shown in the attachment.

I had the same issue with my MacbookPro running BigSur 11.0.1 and Evernote v 10.4.4 build 458403.  

When I shut down my computer and restarted it everything finally started to appear again.  Restarting Evernote did not help.  Restarting my computer and then launching Evernote resolved this problem for me.

• Like 1

Hi there, I can confirm the issue you describe. Win10 laptop, up to date with all patches and latest Evernote. After Evernote has been open for a few hours, I can see the master index on the left and the thumbnails of the notes. But when I select the notes the notes editor is blank. I have to close Evernote and then kill the Evernote process in the taskbar and relaunch. Its then fine again for a few hours and the issue repeats.

• Like 1

the new update does not work....

I cannot see any notes on my macbook other than snippets...hopeless trying to find something.

there seems no solution other than go back to the legacy option...that works...

Edited by yappydog1
clarified problem

I've also been encountering the same issues consistently since upgrading. Quitting & restarting the application appears to solve it but just for a short period. Also can't drag in images either. I'm surprised this issue which is clearly effecting a lot of people is still not resolved. Could we get a status update on the resolution? 

macOS Catalina. 10.15.7

v 10.4.4 build 2096 public

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, David Bu said:

I've also been encountering the same issues consistently since upgrading. Quitting & restarting the application appears to solve it but just for a short period. Also can't drag in images either. I'm surprised this issue which is clearly effecting a lot of people is still not resolved. Could we get a status update on the resolution? 

macOS Catalina. 10.15.7

v 10.4.4 build 2096 public

David;  I issued a request to EN support on the Dec 9th and got a response the 13th asking for the specifics of my Device, OS, EN Version and EN.log file.  I replied back today, requesting the support person LOOK at this forum for more info.  There seems to be plenty of instances for them to select from.  I do wonder whether or if anyone at EN actually reads the posts.  I see that Shane D acknowledged this sort of problem on Nov 5 and asked for feedback if the posted solution does not work.

• Like 1
On 11/5/2020 at 10:48 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

I've seen a some reports from users stating that all of their notes appear blank and wanted to provide some information that may help you manage the issue.

If you encounter this issue and this is the first time you've launched the app after updating, it may take some time for your notes to sync. Especially, if you have a larger account.

Additionally, please try quitting the app and restarting the app. Often, this will resolve the issue.

Also, if this is just affecting individual notes, and not all of your notes, please go here:

Thank you.

I've had trouble "loosing" all notes and individual notes as well as other issues. with 10.4.4.  See support ticket 3220704

On 11/5/2020 at 7:48 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Thank you.

I have the same issue. It happens for all my notes. Quitting and restarting solves the problem temporarily but it happens again every couple of days. The About also displays as blank. After restart the About has: v 10.4.4 build 2096 public
© 2019 - 2020 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved. Running on MacOS Catalina 10.15.7.

47 minutes ago, sqcpro said:

I issued a request to EN support on the Dec 9th and got a response the 13th asking for the specifics of my Device, OS, EN Version and EN.log file

One would think their support form would ask for these details up-front to save time, no?

Blank notes and 'About' repeatedly and consistently happening after the Mac app has been open for any length of time. Necessary to close app and reopen to temporarily fix which is a monumental PITA. Happens on Mac at home (iMac) and at work (MacBook Pro), both 'Big Sur' version 11.0.1 and Evernote v 10.4.3.

5 hours ago, sqcpro said:

David;  I issued a request to EN support on the Dec 9th and got a response the 13th asking for the specifics of my Device, OS, EN Version and EN.log file.  I replied back today, requesting the support person LOOK at this forum for more info.  There seems to be plenty of instances for them to select from.  I do wonder whether or if anyone at EN actually reads the posts.  I see that Shane D acknowledged this sort of problem on Nov 5 and asked for feedback if the posted solution does not work.

My instruction from tech support today was, as one might expect: Log out, uninstall and install latest version. 

• Level 5

Hi All,

We've made some improvements to note loading in our 10.5 release. Please install it from https://evernote.com/download/. If this blank notes issue continues after updating to 10.5 please let us know:

• if the issue impacts all notes in the account. Check to verify if it occurs with notes in different notebooks 
  • If the about page is blank. Select: Help >  About 
  • If selecting File > Quit, (not the X icon) and reopening Evernote fixes the issue 

On 11/5/2020 at 10:48 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

Thank you.

I've posted several times here  and to EN Support while running 10.4.4 on MacMini  OS 11.1 - Ticket# 3220704; 12/9/2020.  As noted above, Shane posts that EN is aware and working on it - at least since Nov 9.  The exit and restart strategy worked as an effective temporary patch.  He also requests posts in this thread if the problem persists.  And so I have.  The fix I received from EN Support was to completely uninstall EN and install the current app.  Well, I did that a few days ago all was OK. And then this morning I got a reminder from my EN Legacy version and when I checked it on my desktop I got the blank screen for the note. I have no idea the two are related, but in either case the seemingly random blank page is still going on with 10.5.7 build 2171.  I sent my activity log to EN support. 

But it's not just that. I experience random Speed lags.  I've had the unpredictable stuttering appearance during keyboard input, no characters appear while the note is in "saving" mode. I still have no answers from EN support about how EN handles erratic internet signals (latency, jitter, packet loss, Up/Dowload rate).  the effect of poor internet signal

Look, 95% of the time, the EN features I use work OK - maybe not perfectly, but at least predictably.  But I've come to rely on certain EN functions for my workflow. I need EN to work, not 95% but 99.9994% of the time. If my car would only work 95% of the time, I would try to fix it.  And if that didn't work, I'd get another car.  Evernote has exceptional features and great for the adventurous soul, but it's become too unstable and unreliable for me. So, I reluctantly say good bye, Evernote.  I wish all you Evernote warriors well, but I'm done with the battle.   I've now switched back permanently to the Legacy version and praying it stays functional while I figure out alternatives to the EN functions I use.

I am having some notes that update and others that are blank (no preview permitted).  They all seemed to appear when I was on evernote web.  But I was surprised to see today that I had to choose only two between web and desktop and mobile.  I haven't done anythign different except to update to see if the blank note would disappear, so I was surprised to see that.  Anyway, for the moment, I didn't upgrade because I felt a little like i was being asked to do with a gun to my head.  

You can't even select those blank notes on the desktop to edit them. my activity log is attached.

Evernote.log

7 hours ago, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

We've made some improvements to note loading in our 10.5 release. Please install it from https://evernote.com/download/. If this blank notes issue continues after updating to 10.5 please let us know:

• if the issue impacts all notes in the account. Check to verify if it occurs with notes in different notebooks 
  • If selecting File > Quit, (not the X icon) and reopening Evernote fixes the issue 

Ok so I just had the blank note problem again on the latest version. :(

I was using the editor, then just selected another note from the preview pane (I have it on the left side as Snippets if that makes any difference to you) and the note didn't load into the editor - just a blank screen. Then I tried clicking on other notes within the preview pane and none of them would load in the editor. The editor always rendered completely blank. I will add that I have images, text, and tags selected as preview options in the note picker section, and these all render ok in preview pane, but again - the editor itself is completely blank. As before, when I shutdown EN and then restart it, the problem resolves itself and the editor renders notes correctly again. So for me on a Mac at least, whatever you released in this latest version did not fix the bug. 

v 10.5.7 build 2171 public
Editor: v114.1.14753
Service: v1.25.2
On 12/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Shane D. said:

Hi All,

@Shane D. I am getting the about page blank again with 10.5 - screenshot below. Restarting Evernote fixes the issue.

Evernote About Blank.jpg

(v 10.5.7 build 458420 public MAC)

I was preparing my Evernote setup in order to buy the premium version. Installed the Mac version. Two problems, the first problem is the empty notes (can't show PDF file). On IOS, Android and Web everything is fine (As a basic user I can use EN on two devices, for testing purposes i've switched devices see if this was a Mac only problem)

Second problem is I have to login every time after EN is timed out or restarted. Thought this was solved!!

This is not the way to start a paid subscription, so i'll have to wait until these problems are solved. 

that seems to have work.  am now using 10.5.7 version and notes are no longer blank.

lets hope it stays that way.

Not sure what is the latest version anymore as went back to legacy version...

hopefully this is all sorted now

thanks

I'm posting several screenshots from my macOS Catalina setup running EN 10.5.7 which demonstrates:

- Blank About box

- Missing Notes details

This happens consistently for me when Evernotes has been running for more than a few hours/days. If I quit the Evernote app and start it again, the notes details reappear. But that is quite irritating.

Please fix this!

image.png.f877326a2cbced769ae54eb3041ce7cd.pngimage.png.beddd3720b013196fbe3a7d4542fbc8a.png

image.png.dfeb3f29939e58c5d5d6398fc667edf6.png

I subscribed af few days ago. I'm still thinking about getting the premium version. While testing EN  my use of EN can be described as "light". I want to use the Web version of EN but also the Mac and IOS version.

These ar my findings after 3 days of use:

The Mac version (10.5.7) does not display JGP and PDF files at all. It just shows there's a PDF file in my note but I can't see or edit is. Because almost all my notes are PDF or JPG files the Mac version actually doesn't show anything and is absolutely useless for me!!

Embedded JPG or PDF show up as thumbnail in the listview.

This happens when I have to change a PDF file in a note: The Mac version doesn't show any thumbnails because it can't read these embedded documents. The Webversion sometimes changes the thumbnail and the IOS version does not change the thumbnail at all and keeps showing the old thumbnails.

In two occasions EN somehow made a copy a note without me doing anything. It just showed up after a day.

Rightclicking a JPG file in a note doesn't give me the option to delete this JPG file. I have to select it and use the backspace key. This works most of the time...but not always. In a few occasions I had to delete the complete note in order to get rid of a JPG file.

If I hadn't been a EN user some years ago I would say EN is still in beta especcialy the Mac version. Still a "Basic" user I can't contact support to help me out....forum only. 

Update: Legacy version works fine, does show the files I use most!

Update 2: I just gave up on using EN. I needed too much workarounds to use EN on 3 platforms, too many problems absolutely not worth paying for. That's a shame. EN used to be a very good platform and i was hoping it was still an excellent app in 2020. 

Edited by Celf
Stopped using EN

oh my goodness.   NONE  of my notes are visible any more.  When Evernote starts it wants my first notebook name.

What am i going to do.  my life is on this programme.  Surely it would warn me if this was going to happen so I could save the information elsewhere?  Bank statements, tax information, insurance, car, house, garden, online orders, etc etc.   Oh my goodness.  This is not a good day.  Anyone know if I can retrieve these?  All my notes are held locally, but I can't find them.  H E L P.      H  E  L  P.   Pip Williamson Nottingham England

On 12/29/2020 at 6:47 AM, PipWilliamson said:

oh my goodness.   NONE  of my notes are visible any more.  When Evernote starts it wants my first notebook name.

What am i going to do.  my life is on this programme.  Surely it would warn me if this was going to happen so I could save the information elsewhere?  Bank statements, tax information, insurance, car, house, garden, online orders, etc etc.   Oh my goodness.  This is not a good day.  Anyone know if I can retrieve these?  All my notes are held locally, but I can't find them.  H E L P.      H  E  L  P.   Pip Williamson Nottingham England

Two things:

One, make sure you are logging in with the correct account. Many people sign up with an email and then accidentally create an account with their Google or Apple accounts and then they have two accounts...

Two: Once you've verified you're using the correct email address, log in to the web client at Evernote.com and see if your notes are there.

• Like 1

I have the same issue, nothing seems to work; I have relaunched, restarted, re-download, and no luck so far. It is truly unbelievable for Evernote to have this issue for so long!!! The recommendations are those for newbies, come on; fix it from the bottoms up.

I had the problem of my notes not opening after upgrading to 10.5.7 - even though I could see them in the side bar. I uninstalled the Evernote app and reinstalled it and so far it has fixed the problem!  

I am having the same problem. I can see the notes after I quit and restore the app but reading all of these comments about people not even being able to see any of their notes and they're gone is awful. But even inexplicably not being able to see the note and having to quit and restore is ridiculous. And then having to come in here and pore over all of these comments and workarounds is a waste of time. I went into Evernote just before to do something else. Then I hit the Feedback button, filled out that form, then wander in here and spend another 10 minutes looking at comments of the same issue going back months and having to write this comment. I'll have to trace back to whatever the F I was going to do in Evernote when this started 15 minutes ago.  

I expect better as Premium subscriber and a fan of Evernote since ... well I don't want to waste any more time trying to figure out how far back I have notes but it's been many years! Evernote is better than this!

© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Any update on this. I also have the issue. I can fix it short term by restarting the app, but then it recurs. 

Evernote this has been reported for a few months now. As a paid user I would expect support to be resolving. I'd remind you that you are no longer only decent note service on the market. If you can no longer provide the service then we all walk.

Having the same issue.  I can see the preview but note view is empty.

Quitting and restarting app allows me to view the notes but doing this every few days is annoying.

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina

Similar problems. Randomly some notebooks do not display the notes within them and I get the "Sorry we are having trouble page".

SUPER annoying. I use EN hundreds of times a day and this is driving me up the wall.

Quitting EN does not fix it.

Rebooting Mac does not fix it.

Its pretty random - sometimes a given notebook will work, sometimes not.

All notes work in web view.

All notes work in older (< 10.x) version of EN on a different Mac.

Only started happening on the update to 10.5.7 I think.

macOS Catalina, 10.15.7

I’ve had all the same problems that everyone is complaining about here as well. LONG time user of Evernote, and previous long-time Premium subscriber. Now, EN shows me blank notes all the time. My workaround is to get the web url for a note and open it up in a browser (after multi factor login). Not good at all. 

EN just offered me a deal to join back up as Premium again. I was going to do it, but now will not. This issue has been affecting a ton of their users for months now, and I don’t see EN in these chats giving us any updates or assurances that we are being heard and they understand and are working on the problem. 

Update from EN??? Please add a note for us affected users now. 

On 1/4/2021 at 2:14 AM, XtEnt said:

So far quiting and starting my 10.5.0 version solves this on my Mac (Big Sur, latest version). But this is more than annoying!

Ditto.  Has been a problem since I moved to v10.  

• Like 1

I have this, and a number of other issues, with the latest (not 10.6, as that for some reason is still not available in the updater) version. Went to evernote.com to see if others have the same issue, as it's now unworkable. First thing I get is a proposal for a 40% discount on premium (which I'm already paying for).

How do I get this 40% discount for the low-quality product I have to (try and) work with now? When will this issue be fixed?

• Like 1

Get a blank note when I try to open (originally only some but now all!) notes in separate window, either by double clicking the note, or selecting "Open in new window".  Restarting EN does not help.  Note shows OK in main window.  See attached for an example.  Neither resizing nor Zooming fixes.the problem -- note in new window stays blank.  So now I can't have several EN windows open simultaneously -- this makes EN a real hassle to use!

There are other problems that I'll report separately.  I've been a Premium and very happy user for several years, and I've worked as a software engineer since before the term was coined.  I have NEVER seen such a disastrous major product release.  Des EN have a QA dept?  Do they do regression testing? Any testing at all?  Both intensive alpha and later beta testing MUST be done when you do any significant changes.  This situation is really outlandish and very disappointing. EN has been one of my favorite apps for a long time, and I'm hoping these problems can be quickly resolved.

Last year I saw your new CEO talking about  EN must fix the bugs (I hadn't encountered any of significance then) before adding new features -- a good idea in its own right.  But how did this come about?  Heads should be rolling at very high levels for this.  Fix this and other such problems SOON or you will be losing your customer base entirely.  Soon I'll be looking for alternatives who can import data from EN

On Win 10 x64 version 2004
w EN 10.5.7 build 2171 public

I can send log files via PM if wanted.

--------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: After installing 10.6.9 directly from your website,  and NOT the version I was instructed to install from the MS Windows Store, it looks to be working OK.

ENProb.jpg

Edited by BaliDave
New update installed

Still no good - I'm using iMac Pro Retina MacOS Mojave v 10.14.6. Have upgraded EN to 10.6.9. Constantly getting blank notes. It does seem to repopulate the note when I quit the app, or failing that I reboot my laptop completely. BUT only for a short period of time. I am a premium user but object to paying for something that constantly needs to be rebooted. Have reverted to using EN Legacy, which works fine, but that is not what my subscription is for - Am having to seriously reconsider re-subscribing when it comes due ..... too much hassle.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.26.16 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.26.37 pm.jpg

• Like 3

This is sort of related I think. 
I'm in a note and nothing happens. It freezes. And since the synchronise button doesn't work, it freezes and I can't type or do anything in the note. So yes, quitting and restarting works but it's tedious and it happens a lot. 
The other solution is to go in the search and press return. Somehow, it shakes the program into becoming reactive again. A huge bummer that bug. 

Having the same issue.  Search and preview works, but notes are blank. Restarting the app works, but it's annoying

MacOS 11.1 Big Sur

• Like 1

I got the same issue.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:48 AM, Gwyn Parsons said:

Still no good - I'm using iMac Pro Retina MacOS Mojave v 10.14.6. Have upgraded EN to 10.6.9. Constantly getting blank notes. It does seem to repopulate the note when I quit the app, or failing that I reboot my laptop completely. BUT only for a short period of time. I am a premium user but object to paying for something that constantly needs to be rebooted. Have reverted to using EN Legacy, which works fine, but that is not what my subscription is for - Am having to seriously reconsider re-subscribing when it comes due ..... too much hassle.

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.26.16 pm.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-01-21 at 1.26.37 pm.jpg

I got the same problem

This has been happening to me also. Seems this has been a known issue since Nov? It's incredibly frustrating to never know if your note will be readable without having to restart the application. Hoping this is solved soon, but meanwhile looking for an alternative note taking app. As a software engineer, I agree with a previous commenter who indicated trouble with the software engineering process. Why is this not a priority as it's causing EN to likely lose customers? 

This has happened to me also several times on 2 different Windows computers over the past weeks.  It happened this morning.  I'm on

10.6.9-win-ddl-public (2254)
Editor: v116.1.14913
Service: v1.26.7
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

I've only been able to clear the issue by rebooting my computer.  Just closing and restarting Evernote has never fixed it for me.  Rebooting the computer has worked each time.  When it has happened all my notes go blank.  I can still see the correct tags at the bottom, but that is all.  That tells me it is at least finding the notes.

• Level 5*

This is a consistent problem for me as well.  If I keep the app open long enough it will start to misbehave.  Note content may be blank, searching breaks or scanned notes don’t completely show up.  Closing and restarting the app does fix it, but the problem is a nuisance.

• Like 1

I'm also having this issue. After 2 weeks of upgrading to MacOSBigSur, the problem remained. I deleted and re-installed evernote. It worked for a day and then stopped working again. Attaching a screenshot of content I'm ok with being public (since it's draft blog posts)

image.thumb.png.fccdfe9132841c0dcffcdd6dee842cb6.png

I was able to get some response from Support on this issue,

We do have an issue where after some times your notes display blank, but restarting the app will restore the app's functionality. The fix to this is not a one ticket fix. It's more like a layered fix that we are doing over time. We improved it and made it less frequent with 10.5.7, but know the issue can still occur. We're continuing to improve on this issue with 10.6 where we are working on a permanent fix. 

Evernote Support are aware and perhaps @Shane D. can provide us updates on when 10.6 will be out - fingers crossed this fixes it permanently.

• Level 5*

Yup still happens to me on 10.6.9.

It's pretty easy to reproduce at least one use case - leave Evernote running for 24 hours without using it, chances are when you come back it won't work.