Open Note in Adobe Acrobat

Go to solution Solved by Watchman,

4 hours ago, Watchman said:

I have always right clicked on a note to open that note in Adobe Acrobat. In the new release I can't do that. Can someone please tell me how to open a note in Acrobat.

Could you explain your work flow because I don't see that option in version 6.25.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Watchman said:

I have always right clicked on a note to open that note in Adobe Acrobat. In the new release I can't do that. Can someone please tell me how to open a note in Acrobat.

Hi.  Does your note contain a PDF file?  Right-clicking a PDF in 6.25 will open in the default PDF reader for that system (or you could use 'open with'...)

• Evernote Expert

I'm assuming that you are attempting to open a PDF that is saved inside a note...

Right click the title bar at the top of the PDF and you will see Open as one of the options.  In the legacy version of Evernote you could click anywhere in the PDF but not version 10.x

• Level 5*
On 11/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, Watchman said:

When I click on "open" nothing happens. No window, no options, nothing. ???

You could try right-clicking the note in the list window and save attachments to disk; if you edit,  you'd then have to re-upload the changed version...

• Evernote Expert
On 11/5/2020 at 6:43 PM, Watchman said:

When I click on "open" nothing happens. No window, no options, nothing. ???

Sorry to hear that. It works just fine for me. Open l;eads to the PDF opening in the Windows default PDF application - in my case Adobe Acrobat. When I close it it is saved back into Evernote with any highlights, changes etc retained.