Why does Web Clipper have trouble with web images so much?

There is no rhyme or reason to it that I can find...different pages from the same sites, some pictures are recognized, some not. I always do "Simplified article". Here is one example, the first picture on the page:

https://www.celticsblog.com/2020/11/4/21549480/rumor-boston-celtics-are-looking-to-package-first-round-picks-to-move-up-in-draft-14-26-30

This happens in Safari, MacOS 10.15.7, Chrome has no trouble. Is it some sort of setting Evernote can't handle some times, something I can change?

I get this:

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 2.27.28 PM.png

• Level 5

It probably depends on how the web page itself is constructed, and how the browser is rendering it. I could sometimes solve the issue by reloading the page, which brought the pictures to show, but not always.

There are just pages that will never show after being clipped.

You can try to print a page to a pdf, and share this into EN. It often gives a better view of the real page layout and content, but will as well break all Hyperlinks. Depends on whether you need working links or not. One way could be to copy the URL of the page copied into the new note in EN and pasting this URL right into the new note with the pdf, making it possible to revisit the clipped page later. If clipped, the URL will show on the notes resources, but not if the note was created via pdf.

Yeah I have tried reloading. Article and Full page appear to work at first, the photos show before you hit Save Clip, but then go to Evernote and they are not there.

What I do is usually not having many photos, I just save the photos to my desktop and then drag them into the note. It's a pain to have to do this though.