GTD enhancement, please allow creating reminders with date only (no time set)

Andrea Bisiach

Idea

Regarding the GDT usability, it would allow marking notes that represent actions to be done on a specific day but not on a specific time. This is also relevant in a non GTD scenario when one simply want a reminder of daily events (like a birthday, anniversary ...etc)

Regarding usability/interface, you could add a "No time" button above "No date" and a "No time" entry above "12:00 AM"

Regarding when triggering the reminder, there could be a "preference" that triggers "No date" reminders at a certain hours if wished. And they could be sent with the daily reminder emails as well

image.png.8ef5f7ef2e2ecdd02b3f3513e378e7a6.png

image.png.5ee7a83a007049ac4ea1a4c468b41710.png

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I upvoted the feature request   
The time setting does not have to be so dominant

fwiw   Tecnically, dates are stored in a database field defined as time (the number of seconds elapsed since the start of the Unix epoch at 1 January 1970 00:00:00 UT)

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, DTLow said:

I upvoted the feature request   
The time setting does not have to be so dominant

fwi  Tecnically, dates are stored in a database field defined as time (the number of seconds elapsed since the start of the Unix epoch at 1 January 1970 00:00:00 UT)

Thanks! I don't know what database system EN uses in the backend but I would guess that the time component could be set to '00:00:00' for this enhancement 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

On a computer, there is nothing like a „fuzzy“ time stamp. Even if the time is suppressed, or it just says „next week“, this is GUI fuzziness over an exact time stamp.

Much easier: Just ignore the time.

I suppose you never used a computerized calendar system where you can add anniversaries or all-day events? Outlook, iCal ....😉

What you call GUI fuzziness, is being able to assign a date to a reminder without a time slot ending on the calendar or being reminded at a certain time of the day by the Evernote alarm notification.

I would think that is a very user friendly feature as it is in the above mentioned programs