Duplicate notes as conflicting notes

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, DavidWS said:

I am having the same problem. Evernote is duplicating my notes as I type them. This is a disaster. I'm horrified that they haven't fixed this. 

I wonder if this is anything to do with syncing with the server...  confusingly I had the same experience in the latest Evernote Web.  I was 12 words into a new note when a red error bar popped up on screen and suddenly there were two copies of the same note,  one with just a few words,  and the one I had open with everything I typed to that point.  I assumed it was something to do with a dropped network connection,  but maybe not.

As you're subscribers I suggest reporting this to Support.  Yes,  you'll get standard warnings that there are 10-12 day delays,  and they probably can't help;  but you may be able to supply log files that will help them get to the bottom of this and help all of us...

Meantime you could use the legacy version where you can.  I'm staying firmly with EN Windows 6.25 and not touching v10 until they sort out more bugs...  I stopped any updates for both the laptop and my Android devices too.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, JordanK said:

I am getting lots of conflicts in the last week or so. It's very annoying. What are evernote doing to fix this issue? 
It occurs on Windows/iOS/web for me.

As suggested previously - raise this with Support;  they'll be able to check your logs and see when and why this is occurring.

Yesterday, I had a note open in the Windows app. 

Opened the same note on the iOS app so I can copy paste a text from a text message I had on my phone. I pasted the text into the note.

Did not touch the note on the Windows App, waited for it to update. As soon as it updated, it prompted that it found a duplicate version of this note as a conflicting note. (or something like that). I made sure that I was not modifying the open note in the Windows app. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, TK0047 said:

Yesterday, I had a note open in the Windows app. 

Opened the same note on the iOS app so I can copy paste a text from a text message I had on my phone. I pasted the text into the note.

Did not touch the note on the Windows App, waited for it to update. As soon as it updated, it prompted that it found a duplicate version of this note as a conflicting note. (or something like that). I made sure that I was not modifying the open note in the Windows app. 

Hi.  I may be overly paranoid,  but it would never occur to me to leave one device with a note open and then try to modify it on another device.  As far as the poor innocent Server is concerned,  a TK is logged in to the account not editing (ie just displaying) one note AND a TK is logged into the account editing (changing) the same note.  Both connections must have their own 'handshakes',  so you're presenting a digital device with the ultimate change=true,  change=false scenario.  I'm surprised it only gave you a duplicate note.

We may have said this before - when editing one document,  close and sync (ie select another note) on one device,  before opening it on another...